Windows 10: BitLocker password not working

Discus and support BitLocker password not working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Please how do I get into a laptop that is asking for bitlocker password and the password is not working?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nike Ojo-Ogundana, May 19, 2020.

1. BitLocker password not working

Please how do I get into a laptop that is asking for bitlocker password and the password is not working?

:)

Nike Ojo-Ogundana, May 19, 2020

2. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, May 19, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, May 19, 2020
  4. pepanee Win User

BitLocker password not working

Forgot BitLocker Password

Hi Ken, I'm using a local account to sign into the computer. Once I turn on the PC, before Windows loads, I am asked for the BitLocker password. I manually enabled the BitLocker feature from within Windows a long time ago. My computer is custom built (it's not an HP, Dell, etc...)
    And thanks for the article link, I've visited it various times yesterday when I was looking for a way to unlock the computer. The suggestions there either don't apply, or didn't work.

pepanee, May 19, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker password not working

1. BitLocker password not working - Similar Threads - BitLocker password working

2. Bitlocker Password and Key are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Password and Key are not working: During decryption of a external USB drive using Bitlocker, the PC being used stop working. Upon reconnection of the external hard drive would connect but the files are locked. The drive password and recovery key does not work. What happened? Is there anything I can do to...
  3. Bitlocker Password and Key are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Password and Key are not working: During decryption of a external USB drive using Bitlocker, the PC being used stop working. Upon reconnection of the external hard drive would connect but the files are locked. The drive password and recovery key does not work. What happened? Is there anything I can do to...
  4. bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker password: I have tried everything to find my Bitlocker password, and it says its saved to my Microsoft account. I cannot access it because it says I have to wait a month and I need to use my laptop now. Is there anyway I can get my Bitlocker password right now?...
  5. Bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker password: I can't find my bitlocker password. I can see my laptop in devices but there is no information about that. HD is in bad condition and I need it to make a backup. Any idea? Thanks....
  6. Bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker password: I can't find my bitlocker password. I can see my laptop in devices but there is no information about that. HD is in bad condition and I need it to make a backup. Any idea? Thanks....
  7. Bitlocker password

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Bitlocker password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker password: I'm running Windows 10 and would like to change my Bitlocker password. When I try to do this I receive a message that Group Policy settings do not permit the creation of a password. I've been unable to figure out what setting I need to change. Thank you...
  9. Password and Code does not work on Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password and Code does not work on Bitlocker: I started to decrypt my disk from BitLocker 1TB disk drive, and it took about 10 hours and accidently the laptop shutdown without completion, and after a while I thought to complete this process on another laptop which is mine, and for some reason I cannot access the disk...
  10. Password and Code does not work on Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Password and Code does not work on Bitlocker: I started to decrypt my disk from BitLocker 1TB disk drive, and it took about 10 hours and accidently the laptop shutdown without completion, and after a while I thought to complete this process on another laptop which is mine, and for some reason I cannot access the disk...