Windows 10: Bitlocker password prompt on wrong screen

Discus and support Bitlocker password prompt on wrong screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two monitors with the same resolution connected to a desktop PC running Windows 10 with latest updates. The main screen is in front of me, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FirstLast_279, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Bitlocker password prompt on wrong screen

I have two monitors with the same resolution connected to a desktop PC running Windows 10 with latest updates. The main screen is in front of me, the secondary screen is standing angled on the right side.

The Bitlocker password screen I don't have TPM which shows during boot, is displayed on the secondary monitor and I want it to be display on the primary monitor. How do I achieve this? For reference:

- Bios is displayed on the primary monitor.

- Windows login screen is displayed on the primary monitor.

- Windows display settings > display identification shows the primary monitor as nr 1 and the secondary monitor as nr 2.

It's only the Bitlocker password screen that somehow shows up on the secondary monitor instead of the primary.

:)

FirstLast_279, Dec 27, 2020

2. wrong password for Bitlocker

I wonder what happens if I enter the wrong password for Bitlocker. Is it possible that the hard drive will be wiped if I enter wrong password several times?

Tamara Carters, Dec 27, 2020
  3. KSilerJr Win User
    Have Bitlocker Prompt for Password on Non-System Drive

Here is how I was able to get the system to prompt me for the BitLocker password each time I logged on.

My system has 2 drives one for the OS which is not encrypted with BitLocker and a DATA drive that is fully encrypted with BitLocker. What I wanted was for the system to prompt me for the password each time I booted the system and logged in. Here are the steps that allow this to happen.

1) Create a file in your Windows\System32 folder called UNLOCK.CMD using notepad with these lines in it
    @Echo off & cls
    echo .
    manage-bde.exe -unlock -password D:

2) Create a Task Scheduler that uses the Trigger "At log on".
    On the General Tab make sure to check "Run wit highest privileges"
    Action "Start a Program"
    Browse to C:\Windows\System32 and select Unlock.CMD

3) Now Restart your system and a DOS window should popup asking for the password.

Hope this helps others.

KSilerJr, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Daren17 Win User

Bitlocker password prompt on wrong screen

Bitlocker doesn't prompt for a password on Windows 10

I just enabled BitLocker on a new Windows 10 machine. When I shut down and restarted my machine I expected the blue screen where I enter a password. Nowhere in the BitLocker process was I prompted to set a password and I don't get the blue screen where
    I can enter a password on start up. BitLocker manager says I'm encrypted, BitLocker is on, and I have an Identifier and Recovery key. Does BitLocker work differently in Windows 10 than in 8.1? I don't see how I'm protected at all. Thanks, Daren

Daren17, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker password prompt on wrong screen

1. Bitlocker password prompt on wrong screen - Similar Threads - Bitlocker password prompt

2. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  3. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password prompt at login screen: Hello, I have a very bad issue with my Acer laptop running on windows 10, i recently signed out on my pc now my login screen doesn't want to show any password prompt and CTRL + ALT + DEL keys doesn't work. In addition any key combinations doesn't work. I've tried so many...
  4. No password prompt at login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to prompt Bitlocker Recovery Screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prompt Bitlocker Recovery Screen?: My Windows 11 computer is in a "boot drive missing or boot failed" loop. This is the 2nd time this has happened. When I start the computer it says "boot drive missing or boot failed."The 1st time this happened to me - after hours of troubleshooting, I wasn't able to fix and...
  6. How to prompt Bitlocker Recovery Screen?

How to prompt Bitlocker Recovery Screen?: My Windows 11 computer is in a "boot drive missing or boot failed" loop. This is the 2nd time this has happened. When I start the computer it says "boot drive missing or boot failed."The 1st time this happened to me - after hours of troubleshooting, I wasn't able to fix and...
  7. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password: Hello,Today I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell Laptop, because previously it was used by my son for school, now I need it for work. As you understand I found a lot of mess in the Laptop so simple decision was just to reinstall Windows and get fresh new item. When I bought...
  8. Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong BitLocker Key ID and not working password: Hello,Today I had to reinstall Windows on my Dell Laptop, because previously it was used by my son for school, now I need it for work. As you understand I found a lot of mess in the Laptop so simple decision was just to reinstall Windows and get fresh new item. When I bought...
  9. Bitlocker encrypted drive not prompting for password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker encrypted drive not prompting for password: I have a bitlocker encrypted file named myfile.vhd. On my PC when I double click it, it warns that it's encrypted, then prompts for a password. I copied the file to my wife's computer and when I double click it, or right click and select "Mount" from the context menu a...
  10. Have Bitlocker Prompt for Password on Non-System Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have Bitlocker Prompt for Password on Non-System Drive: I am running Windows 10 Pro. I am using BitLocker on a non-system drive and not on my system drive. I am not planning on using it on my system drive. I do not have a TPM compatible computer. Once I log into Windows, I would like to be prompted for the password to unlock my...