Windows 10: Bitlocker password

Discus and support Bitlocker password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 and would like to change my Bitlocker password. When I try to do this I receive a message that Group Policy settings do not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by it's meXZ, Jul 4, 2020.

1. it's meXZ Win User

Bitlocker password

I'm running Windows 10 and would like to change my Bitlocker password. When I try to do this I receive a message that Group Policy settings do not permit the creation of a password. I've been unable to figure out what setting I need to change. Thank you

:)

it's meXZ, Jul 4, 2020

2. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Dukewayne Win User

Bitlocker password

bitlocker password?

I have the Recovery Key but that is not the problem. I have no bitlocker password - not lost or forgotten; it was never created. Sounds like you're suggesting I turn off bitlocker and just turn on again.

Dukewayne, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker password

1. Bitlocker password - Similar Threads - Bitlocker password

2. Can't access bitlocker password page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access bitlocker password page: my laptop locked me out this morning and no matter what i tried i couldn't get into my microsoft account from my phone so i changed the backup email to my current one and now i can't access the bitlocker code page for an entire month. it goes without saying that i can't just...
  3. Can't access bitlocker password page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access bitlocker password page: my laptop locked me out this morning and no matter what i tried i couldn't get into my microsoft account from my phone so i changed the backup email to my current one and now i can't access the bitlocker code page for an entire month. it goes without saying that i can't just...
  4. Can't access bitlocker password page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Could not locate Bitlocker Recovery Password for a unregistered laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could not locate Bitlocker Recovery Password for a unregistered laptop: I just bought a new Lenovo laptop and used it for a month. Now it certainly locked up and requested for a bitlocker recovery password. I searched and tried a number of things for 5 hours straight but could not figure out how to get the password. I did not register this PC for...
  6. Could not locate Bitlocker Recovery Password for a unregistered laptop

Could not locate Bitlocker Recovery Password for a unregistered laptop: I just bought a new Lenovo laptop and used it for a month. Now it certainly locked up and requested for a bitlocker recovery password. I searched and tried a number of things for 5 hours straight but could not figure out how to get the password. I did not register this PC for...
  7. No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.: I updated my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro so that to access the Bitlocker drive encryption. And i added bitlocker encryption on one of my disk drives G:. However suddenly the next day when i double click the drive, I don't see any pop-up that asks for a password, nothing...
  8. No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.

No pop-up to enter bitlocker password while trying to unlock the bitlocker-protected drive.: I updated my Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro so that to access the Bitlocker drive encryption. And i added bitlocker encryption on one of my disk drives G:. However suddenly the next day when i double click the drive, I don't see any pop-up that asks for a password, nothing...
  9. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  10. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599