Windows 10: Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.

Discus and support Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, We are adding a number of new HP PCs to our domain and have bitlocker enabled. When the bitlocker enter pin number screen appears we input the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkDuffy1, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.

Hi,

We are adding a number of new HP PCs to our domain and have bitlocker enabled. When the bitlocker enter pin number screen appears we input the correct pin number and press enter. We then get the bitlocker recovery screen. We then select enter to continue. The machine restarts, we get the enter bitlocker pin screen again. We enter the pin and then it works and lets us in to Windows. The problem we have is it will not accept the correct pin first time, only on the second attempt. It does this on all the machines so far apart from the original machine we took the image from. The machines are identical in every way as we have checked.

Any ideas of why it does not work first time we enter the pin number but does second time? We have tried everything we know through group policy etc but to no avail. We have installed an image through WDS from a machine that works with out issue and we have no issues on our laptop builds (these are not imaged).

All machines are HP Pro One 440 G3, running Windows 10, Sophos Safeguard version 8.0

Cheers in advance.

:)

MarkDuffy1, Jul 10, 2018

2. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable use of Bitlocker Authentication Requiring preboot Keyboard input on Slates enabled. When turning on the Laptop Bitlocker comes up with the light blue screen where you enter the PIN but the screen is blank. It doesn't say Bitlocker or have a box to enter the PIN #. Now I can just type the pin # and press enter and it works and loads windows as normal. I obviously can't give this Laptop to a user like this.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a resolution to this issue.
    Thank You.

drew22to375, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.

Jeraldine Ase, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time.

1. Bitlocker Pin is not accepted first time. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Pin accepted

2. PIN not accepted at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN not accepted at all: When I turn on my PC it shows my profile, and underneath "PIN". Suddenly, today, nothing can be entered at all. The PIN is locked, blocking any number or character from being entered at all. When trying forgot password, sent by email, that won't enter either. So I can't get...
  3. Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time: Hi,When signing in via Settings, my Username and PIN are accepted, then my Password is accepted, but when Password is asked for a second time “We’ll need your current Microsoft password one last time”, it is not accepted “The password you have entered for your device is...
  4. Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Password accepted first time, but not second time: Hi,When signing in via Settings, my Username and PIN are accepted, then my Password is accepted, but when Password is asked for a second time “We’ll need your current Microsoft password one last time”, it is not accepted “The password you have entered for your device is...
  5. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bitlocker not accepting correct pin: As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly today it is no longer accepting what I am certain is the correct PIN and I get a "Too Many Pin Attempts" error message....
  6. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker not accepting correct pin: As the subject indicates, my HP 15 core i7 has its main **** drive encrypted with Bitlocker as this is required by my institution. However, suddenly today it is no longer accepting what I am certain is the correct PIN and I get a "Too Many Pin Attempts" error message....
  7. Bitlocker not accepting correct pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Pin and Fingerprint not accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin and Fingerprint not accepted: Hello, Recently when I went to use my fingerprint to log in my computer said "something is wrong on our end" and won't let me log in. I tried my pin and I got the same response. Thankfully I was able to sign in with my password. When I tried to delete and redo my...
  9. Immediately accept PIN/password (no need to press any key first)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Immediately accept PIN/password (no need to press any key first): It is possible to make it so that when Windows has loaded or awoken from sleep, the PIN or password entry box is ready to accept entry of the PIN or password. I had this setting in place during my previous Windows installation but I cannot figure out how to do it again or...
  10. PIN not accepted

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN not accepted: Hi. I've been signing in to Windows 10 with a 4 digit PIN number for months. All of a sudden it's not accepted. Any rational reason why this would happen? It's not an issue, I can still sign in with my Microsoft account and change the PIN number, I'm just curious as to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker does not accept correct pin

2. bitlocker does not work first time

3. bitlocker doesnt accept pin

4. bitlocker pin failing first time,
  5. correct pin but not work in bitlocker,
  6. bitlocker only works second time,
  7. l470 bilocker not accepting the pin,
  8. bitlocker pin not accepted on first boot,
  9. Bitlocker key pin fails first time then second time works,
  10. pin is not accepted by windows 10 2018,
  11. bitlocker does not accept pin,