Windows 10: bitlocker PIN

Discus and support bitlocker PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, i have a problem on few devices, i run Bitlocker for them and people didn't set pin on their devices, but system is asking about PIN. What... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomaszK.1, Aug 20, 2019.

1. TomaszK.1 Win User

bitlocker PIN

Hi,

i have a problem on few devices, i run Bitlocker for them and people didn't set pin on their devices, but system is asking about PIN.

What should i do in this case?

2nd question - can i reset TPM remotely for some other computers?

:)

TomaszK.1, Aug 20, 2019

2. Bitlocker Blank blue screen at PIN screen

Our organization requires Laptops to be Encrypted with a PIN #. One of our Laptops is giving me trouble. I have Bitlocker turned on and fully encrypted and have require Startup PIN with TPM in the Require additional authentication at startup in GPEDIT. I also have the Enable use of Bitlocker Authentication Requiring preboot Keyboard input on Slates enabled. When turning on the Laptop Bitlocker comes up with the light blue screen where you enter the PIN but the screen is blank. It doesn't say Bitlocker or have a box to enter the PIN #. Now I can just type the pin # and press enter and it works and loads windows as normal. I obviously can't give this Laptop to a user like this.

Anybody have any suggestions as to a resolution to this issue.
    Thank You.

drew22to375, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Jeraldine Ase, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

bitlocker PIN

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

bitlocker PIN

1. bitlocker PIN - Similar Threads - bitlocker PIN

2. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  3. Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login.: Grandma forgot her PIN. Windows 11 Bitlocker TPM only uses a PIN to login. The HP Envy will not factory reset, probably because of the TMP. Diskpart does not see the drive. I'm trying to get her new Windows 11 computer going without changing the hard drive. Maybe someone has...
  4. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?: Is it possible to use a startup PIN with hardware BitLocker? By hardware BitLocker I am referring to BitLocker managing a drive's built-in encryption key. For example, for a TCG Opal 2.0 SSD. Or is a startup PIN only an option for software BitLocker? Thanks....
  5. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?: Is it possible to use a startup PIN with hardware BitLocker? By hardware BitLocker I am referring to BitLocker managing a drive's built-in encryption key. For example, for a TCG Opal 2.0 SSD. Or is a startup PIN only an option for software BitLocker? Thanks....
  6. Configure hardware BitLocker with startup PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Bitlocker with PIN is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker with PIN is not working: Hi Guys,I have one NTB HP EliteBook 840 G8 with activate Bitlocker and also in GP edit i have turn on require additional PIN at start-up. I also set PIN trough CMD.But PC is not asking the PIN when i boot it from restart or when i turn it on. We have a hundred of these...
  8. Bitlocker with PIN is not working

Bitlocker with PIN is not working: Hi Guys,I have one NTB HP EliteBook 840 G8 with activate Bitlocker and also in GP edit i have turn on require additional PIN at start-up. I also set PIN trough CMD.But PC is not asking the PIN when i boot it from restart or when i turn it on. We have a hundred of these...
  9. Bitlocker PIN interface will show as corrupted screen after switch a different resolution...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker PIN interface will show as corrupted screen after switch a different resolution...: I connect a extermal monitor to my notebook, and the external monitor resolution is different to notebook internal monitor. I close LID first and boot into Bitlocker blue screen interface, then I open LID to switch screen from External to Internal. The interfact will become a...
  10. Bitlocker PIN interface will show as corrupted screen after switch a different resolution...

Bitlocker PIN interface will show as corrupted screen after switch a different resolution...: I connect a extermal monitor to my notebook, and the external monitor resolution is different to notebook internal monitor. I close LID first and boot into Bitlocker blue screen interface, then I open LID to switch screen from External to Internal. The interfact will become a...