Windows 10: Bitlocker - Pre Boot Password - alpha, numeric, special characters

Discus and support Bitlocker - Pre Boot Password - alpha, numeric, special characters in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am only able to setup Bitlocker to use a numeric PIN for pre boot authentication. How can I setup Bitlocker to require a password using alpha,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by M_Go_Blue, Feb 4, 2020.

1. M_Go_Blue Win User

Bitlocker - Pre Boot Password - alpha, numeric, special characters

I am only able to setup Bitlocker to use a numeric PIN for pre boot authentication.

How can I setup Bitlocker to require a password using alpha, numeric, special characters for pre boot authentication?

:)

M_Go_Blue, Feb 4, 2020

2. Special character in password

Dear Dex Ong,

I understand that you have a question about special characters in password.

This behavior is by design. To be honest I am not aware of the reasons that Microsoft has chosen to block special characters from passwords.

I will make a research on this issue and I will let you know as soon as I have an answer.

Kind regards,

*Update: Dex Ong, I would suggest to ask this question on a Live account forum because settings for passwords is not under Windows Phone settings.

Results in Windows Essentials - Microsoft Community

Vasilia K', Feb 4, 2020
  3. Bitlocker recovery key prompt my alpha keys not working

Being prompted for Bitlocker key which I do not have. There is one being displayed on my screen which has alpha characters, for some reason only my numerics work on my keyboard. Very frustrating

SusanCronmiller, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Dex Ong Win User

Special character in password

I have set my password to a stronger password that includes letters, numbers and special characters.
    I changed it from the outlook.com accounts page.

However, my windows phone has problems sync-ing. I tried to enter the password many times and it keeps stating my password is incorrect.
    I tried the web version and I am able to log-in.

I read from the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2432933?wa=wsignin1.0 that if my password contains special characters, I would have to change.
    I do not mind changing it to just letters and numbers but I have a question, why does windows phone outlook not accept passwords that contain special characters??? This should be allowed for all Microsoft services including Windows Phone.

Dex Ong, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker - Pre Boot Password - alpha, numeric, special characters - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Pre Boot

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. Boot Password/Special Characters stop working/Can't access to BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Password/Special Characters stop working/Can't access to BIOS: Hello! I seted up boot password on BIOS two months ago. Now with no reason special characters stopped working and it unable me to write the password. Everyone suggested me to clean CMOS, I opened up my laptop to find the battery CMOS and realized the that there's no CR2032...
  4. Boot Password/Special Characters stop working/Can't access to BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Password/Special Characters stop working/Can't access to BIOS: Hello! I seted up boot password on BIOS two months ago. Now with no reason special characters stopped working and it unable me to write the password. Everyone suggested me to clean CMOS, I opened up my laptop to find the battery CMOS and realized the that there's no CR2032...
  5. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  6. Pre-boot BitLocker password typing affected by TPM?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pre-boot BitLocker password typing affected by TPM?: I wish I encountered normal problems, but no. I expect this will be another one that no one can explain... I have been using my Win10 system for well over a year now. I only just enabled the TPM in the BIOS, to check if my system is Win11 compatible (it is). My BIOS version...
  7. BitLocker rapidly generating Numerical Passwords

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker rapidly generating Numerical Passwords: We have a site where a bunch of Windows 10 1903 devices won't update. The updates apply, the computer reboots and rolls back the updates. We noticed that when you manually try to suspend BitLocker, you get a message "The data area passed to a system call is too small.". I...
  8. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  9. Special characters in Win10

in Windows 10 Support
    Special characters in Win10: Hi, we have a bit of a weird issue with special characters. (kind of hard to explain but I`ll try) We are currently running a Win10 pilot, and the users are saying that the special characters, like é and õ, differs from Windows 7, even though the language input (norwegian) is...
  10. Searching for special characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching for special characters: Hi all! I just purchased a new Dell with Windows 10. I had a Dell with Windows XP SP3 for ages, and when I made the mistake of updating one of my drivers... Well, it was getting to be time to update... I've a few more grey hairs now. Anyway, in my old machine, when I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker code wont accept alpha character

2. special characters bitlocker password

3. bitlocker password letters and numbers

4. windows credentials website with long alpha numeric url