Windows 10: Bitlocker Question

Discus and support Bitlocker Question in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yes, hello, MS-Community... Can you help me figure out what's gone wrong here? I've been trying to get the context menu to show bitlocker back on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BauserRebhab, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Bitlocker Question

Yes, hello, MS-Community...

Can you help me figure out what's gone wrong here? I've been trying to get the context menu to show bitlocker back on my work pc, but when I enter the registry information from this file ( COMMANDS:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\encrypt-bde]

"LegacyDisable"=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\encrypt-bde-elev]

"LegacyDisable"=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\manage-bde]

"LegacyDisable"=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\manage-bde-elev]

"LegacyDisable"=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\resume-bde]

"LegacyDisable"=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\resume-bde-elev]

"LegacyDisable"=-

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell\unlock-bde]

"LegacyDisable"=-

, I cannot get bitlocker to show ALL of the commands in the context menu. I will link a screenshot from my desktop computer:

Bitlocker Question ba561956-206d-4c20-8dfe-7288803a0b95?upload=true.png

I know there are more bitlocker commands than this and I'd like to make them appear but thus far, I haven't been able to figure out why I can't coax them out.

The following screenshot was done in VMware and shows the extended command list after having entered the registry information:

My question to you is this - How can I make it to where I'm seeing the extended commands for the bitlocker stuff as shown here, from my virtual machine session:

Bitlocker Question 0b9672fa-fbfb-4c9c-a388-588dadd1618d?upload=true.png

I have ran SFC and the results have come up clean, DISM has not returned anything bad and I appear to be up to date...is it possible that I've turned some shell functionality off?

:)

BauserRebhab, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Bitlocker Question

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker Question

1. Bitlocker Question - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Question

2. BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  3. BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  4. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  5. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  6. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. BitLocker Key Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Key Question: I saved bitlocker key to MS account, then from that same window I saved to a FD. The key at my account reads different from the key on the FD. How do I know which one is correct? Should I have saved the MS account key to a Word or Notepad then placed the doc on the FD? Have I...
  8. BitLocker Key Question

BitLocker Key Question: I saved bitlocker key to MS account, then from that same window I saved to a FD. The key at my account reads different from the key on the FD. How do I know which one is correct? Should I have saved the MS account key to a Word or Notepad then placed the doc on the FD? Have I...
  9. Windows update / BitLocker question

Windows update / BitLocker question: Could a Windows 10 update cause my Dell to ask for a BitLocker key when the computer restarts? Dell customer service pointed me in the right place in Microsoft space but I don't see what to do next, and the account.microsoft website wants me to wait 30 days before giving me...
  10. Windows update / BitLocker question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update / BitLocker question: Could a Windows 10 update cause my Dell to ask for a BitLocker key when the computer restarts? Dell customer service pointed me in the right place in Microsoft space but I don't see what to do next, and the account.microsoft website wants me to wait 30 days before giving me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker performance impact 2019