Windows 10: BitLocker Question..

Discus and support BitLocker Question.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I bought a brand new ASUS laptop from Best Buy. It worked fine for a while then all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on anymore. I took it to best buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shanesmith88, Jul 27, 2021.

1. BitLocker Question..

So I bought a brand new ASUS laptop from Best Buy. It worked fine for a while then all of a sudden it wouldn't turn on anymore. I took it to best buy to make a warranty claim. They were supposed to send it to ASUS, but instead sent it to Geek Squad. A week later I got the computer back and it still wouldn't turn on without being plugged to charger now and they had triggered BitLocker and it was now prompting for a recovery key. I never set up BitLocker on the PC. However when I go to my Microsoft account I do see the laptop under my devices, but there are no recovery keys on the account for th

:)

shanesmith88, Jul 27, 2021

2. Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

BitLocker Question.. [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

BitLocker Question.. [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Jul 27, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 27, 2021
  4. BitLocker Question..

Bitlocker Questions

Brink thanks. Looking at the steps, 1st step is not necessary right? I think last time i didn't do anything to this but is 256 bit much better than 128 bit?

Since i want TPM with pin... i do step 4 right?

I have TPM 1.2 when checking my laptop.

paulyjustin, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

BitLocker Question..

1. BitLocker Question.. - Similar Threads - BitLocker Question

2. Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question: My non-C drives are Bitlocked and I've made backups of files on them on external hard drives and usb flash drives.If I now want to re-install Windows, I want to un-Bitlock my drives first, then make backups of these drives.But all my other backups have been backed up using...
  3. Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question: My non-C drives are Bitlocked and I've made backups of files on them on external hard drives and usb flash drives.If I now want to re-install Windows, I want to un-Bitlock my drives first, then make backups of these drives.But all my other backups have been backed up using...
  4. Windows 10 - Bitlocker related question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  6. BitLocker Questions

BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  7. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  8. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  9. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. BitLocker Key Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Key Question: I saved bitlocker key to MS account, then from that same window I saved to a FD. The key at my account reads different from the key on the FD. How do I know which one is correct? Should I have saved the MS account key to a Word or Notepad then placed the doc on the FD? Have I...