Windows 10: BitLocker Questions

Discus and support BitLocker Questions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Chaos00, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Chaos00 Win User

BitLocker Questions

Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage BitLocker" and turned it ON and it did everything without any problem.So, Is now everything working as it should even though System Information still shows this message?Is everything encrypted and will automatically continue encrypting new files?I saw a few tutorials online for how to fix this message in registry but didn

:)

Chaos00, Feb 3, 2023

2. Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

BitLocker Questions [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

BitLocker Questions [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Feb 3, 2023
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Feb 3, 2023
  4. BitLocker Questions

Bitlocker Questions

Brink thanks. Looking at the steps, 1st step is not necessary right? I think last time i didn't do anything to this but is 256 bit much better than 128 bit?

Since i want TPM with pin... i do step 4 right?

I have TPM 1.2 when checking my laptop.

paulyjustin, Feb 3, 2023
Thema:

BitLocker Questions

1. BitLocker Questions - Similar Threads - BitLocker Questions

2. BitLocker Questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Questions: Hello,I would love your help in understanding this please.I'm using Lenovo ThinkPad T480 with Windows 11 ProIn System Information "Device Encryption Support" I get "Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected".I opened "Manage...
  3. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  4. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get": BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"While "C" is the drive it can be, C, D, E ect...1 "manage-bde -protectors C: -get" I used the above command to find me info, no issues at all... SEE SCREEN SHOT #12 "manage-bde -protectors E: -get" Then I tried to...
  5. BitLocker: QUESTION ABOUT: "manage-bde -protectors C: -get"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. BitLocker Key Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Key Question: I saved bitlocker key to MS account, then from that same window I saved to a FD. The key at my account reads different from the key on the FD. How do I know which one is correct? Should I have saved the MS account key to a Word or Notepad then placed the doc on the FD? Have I...
  7. BitLocker Key Question

BitLocker Key Question: I saved bitlocker key to MS account, then from that same window I saved to a FD. The key at my account reads different from the key on the FD. How do I know which one is correct? Should I have saved the MS account key to a Word or Notepad then placed the doc on the FD? Have I...
  8. Windows update / BitLocker question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update / BitLocker question: Could a Windows 10 update cause my Dell to ask for a BitLocker key when the computer restarts? Dell customer service pointed me in the right place in Microsoft space but I don't see what to do next, and the account.microsoft website wants me to wait 30 days before giving me...
  9. Windows update / BitLocker question

Windows update / BitLocker question: Could a Windows 10 update cause my Dell to ask for a BitLocker key when the computer restarts? Dell customer service pointed me in the right place in Microsoft space but I don't see what to do next, and the account.microsoft website wants me to wait 30 days before giving me...
  10. Windows update / BitLocker question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade