Windows 10: Bitlocker randomly blocked my hard drive and requires a recovery key to open my laptop...

Discus and support Bitlocker randomly blocked my hard drive and requires a recovery key to open my laptop... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; windows 11, version 21H2Model of your computer - HP Spectre x360, not sure on the exactThe issues with Windows and Microsoft that I've had over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KosmaMroz, Aug 16, 2022.

1. KosmaMroz Win User

Bitlocker randomly blocked my hard drive and requires a recovery key to open my laptop...

windows 11, version 21H2Model of your computer - HP Spectre x360, not sure on the exactThe issues with Windows and Microsoft that I've had over the years are getting to the point of ridiculousness to say the least.But long story short - I was using my laptop all fine for the past year since I bought it, updated it to Windows 11 some time ago and today whilst trying to boot it up to get some work done I get an error message from BitLocker to enter a recovery key because "Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed".I bought this laptop myself and set it up myself. At no point do I remember bein

:)

KosmaMroz, Aug 16, 2022

2. Bitlocker recovery key for an external hard drive

Miguel: My Dell laptop Latitude 5590 has been rendered useless by a command update. After the update the laptop is asking for my bitlocker recovery key but BitLocker isn't on my laptop. Dell says I have to reinstall the hard drive but I am told it will still ask for the bitlocker recovery key. Any ideas?

BrentHoward, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Bitlocker Randomly Enabled

Hi,

On my personal Lenovo laptop, Bitlocker somehow randomly was enabled. I have not enabled it, and I followed the recovery steps without luck. It seems that it was enabled during an update. I logged into my Microsoft account, see that the laptop is listed, but there is no bitlocker key listed. I am at a loss on what the next steps might be for me to be able to log into my computer at this point.

Carl

CarlDAnderson, Aug 16, 2022
  4. KT-HK Win User

Bitlocker randomly blocked my hard drive and requires a recovery key to open my laptop...

BitLocker Recovery Key

Thanks Greg.

Actually, I can't access to my hard drive because my laptop can't power on and the repair centre changed the PCB to fix the problem. After that, the Window has to be installed again if I can't provide the BitLocker Recovery Key. When I reinstall the Window,
    all my data in hard drive will be disappeared.

What is your suggestion to recovery my hard drive?

Regards,

KT-HK, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

1. Bitlocker randomly blocked my hard drive and requires a recovery key to open my laptop... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker randomly blocked

2. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  3. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  4. Bitlocker randomly blocked my hard drive and requires a recovery key to open my laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker randomly blocked my hard drive and requires a recovery key to open my laptop...: windows 11, version 21H2Model of your computer - HP Spectre x360, not sure on the exactThe issues with Windows and Microsoft that I've had over the years are getting to the point of ridiculousness to say the least.But long story short - I was using my laptop all fine for the...
  5. bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker encrypted drive not opening with password or recovery key: Password and recovery key are correct. Do I have any options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-encrypted-drive-not-opening-with/ce12de0f-e3c9-41f8-a737-1428cc4de9cb
  6. Bitlocker recovery key for an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key for an external hard drive: My computer recently died and my local technology repair store was able to backup my data on to an external hard drive. However, the hard drive is locked with a bitlocker key and I am unable to find it. Since I don't have the laptop available to try to find the key, I turned...
  7. Bitlocker recovery key for an external hard drive

Bitlocker recovery key for an external hard drive: My computer recently died and my local technology repair store was able to backup my data on to an external hard drive. However, the hard drive is locked with a bitlocker key and I am unable to find it. Since I don't have the laptop available to try to find the key, I turned...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key for an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key for an external hard drive: My computer recently died and my local technology repair store was able to backup my data on an external hard drive. However, the hard drive is locked with a bitlocker key and I am unable to find it. Since I don't have the laptop available to try to find the key, I turned to...
  9. BitLocker recovery key required

BitLocker recovery key required: I bought my son a 2017 Dell Laptop for college. He was just using it and accidentally hit some F button and it is now asking for this key that we have never setup or he does not have an outlook.com account. He has all his data on the hard drive. He needs to get on his...
  10. Tablet, no bitlocker, no recovery key, blocked drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tablet, no bitlocker, no recovery key, blocked drive: Hi, I have a HP Stream 8 tablet that came with windows 8.1 and two years ago it was automatically updated to windows 10. I stopped using it for 2 months, when I turned it on a blue screen appeared trying to do a diagnostic. It was not successful, and it took me to a screen in...