Windows 10: Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account

Discus and support Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There was a hardware issue with my laptop and now its is asking for the bitlocker recovery key on bootup. The machine has not had bitlocker... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by adamsj100, Aug 8, 2021.

1. adamsj100 Win User

Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account

There was a hardware issue with my laptop and now its is asking for the bitlocker recovery key on bootup. The machine has not had bitlocker specifically enabled so I'm assuming it was done automatically once I had signed into my microsoft account. When I logon to my microsoft account I can see the device but it tells me "You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys uploaded to your Microsoft account.". How could this be. I'm totally screwed. I've been locked out by data encryption I never enabled.

:)

adamsj100, Aug 8, 2021

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Aug 8, 2021
  3. Recover BitLocker key from Key ID

It doesn't work. The specific device I need to recover the key is not on the list, neither an option to retrieve the BitLocker code using its Key ID as the blue screen says.

VictorWirz, Aug 8, 2021
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hello,

To help you with your concern, may we confirm if what changes did you make to your computer before you experience the issue?

For the meantime, we suggest recovering your wife's account first through the steps provided on this
    link. After recovering her account, check if you have an email there for the Bitlocker Recovery Key.

Let us know the result.

Karla Alm, Aug 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recover key

2. Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account: There was a hardware issue with my laptop and now its is asking for the bitlocker recovery key on bootup. The machine has not had bitlocker specifically enabled so I'm assuming it was done automatically once I had signed into my microsoft account. When I logon to my microsoft...
  3. Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recover key not uploaded to Microsoft account: There was a hardware issue with my laptop and now its is asking for the bitlocker recovery key on bootup. The machine has not had bitlocker specifically enabled so I'm assuming it was done automatically once I had signed into my microsoft account. When I logon to my microsoft...
  4. BitLocker key not uploaded

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker key not uploaded: Trying to find my BitLocker key.System shows I don't have BitLocker key uploaded to my Microsoft AccountCharlesBrown948 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-not-uploaded/0e532ab7-9b3c-4de7-a210-ada9e498cbf7
  5. BitLocker key not uploaded

BitLocker key not uploaded: Trying to find my BitLocker key.System shows I don't have BitLocker key uploaded to my Microsoft AccountCharlesBrown948 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-not-uploaded/0e532ab7-9b3c-4de7-a210-ada9e498cbf7
  6. No Bitlocker Key in Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Bitlocker Key in Microsoft Account: Any advice on following please. Unable to access Lenovo Ideapad 5 laptop. Details:No key provided in microsoft accountTried command prompt no key but ID only Tried disabled securty boot only to rerurn to BitlockerUnable to reset pc in troubleshoot funtionPlease let me know if...
  7. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account: My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but...
  8. Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account

Bitlocker Key not in Microsoft Account: My Surface Pro 4 had the black screen of death and wouldn't start. I tried many many methods provided online but none worked.So I removed the SSD from it and put in my desktop.To access the data I need the bitlocker key. The account is connected to my Microsoft account, but...
  9. Recovering Bitlocker Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recovering Bitlocker Key: How do I recover my bitlocker key when my device isn't listed on my account? It is a dell computer but an Windows bitlocker key??????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovering-bitlocker-key/e05ceda6-d0c7-400d-a694-01896a6ff072
  10. No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account: Hi I just upgraded my Surface Pro 7 from Home to Pro. When I try to save my Bitlocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account which is also verified in Windows an error says this is not possible. Could you help me with that? [ATTACH]...