Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery help

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a surface 2 laptop with windows 10 and my laptop kept on asking for the bitlocker recovery number when each time i loged in. i saw in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Imbxv, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Imbxv Win User

Bitlocker recovery help

Hi,

I have a surface 2 laptop with windows 10 and my laptop kept on asking for the bitlocker recovery number when each time i loged in.
    i saw in the internet that i can suspend the protection in settings and resume it so , i did that and now when i wanted to resume the protection a message came out saying “ Wizard initialisation has failed” and it states bitlocker drive encryption error. So , please can you help me solve this problem?

thanks

:)

Imbxv, Jul 24, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 26, 2020
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker recovery help

Xylee Del, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery help

1. Bitlocker recovery help - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery help

2. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  3. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  4. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with BitLocker Recovery key: I have a Dell Laptop and a Surface Pro 7+ which both devices are on my Microsoft account. I cannot access my Dell Laptop due to the request to input the BitLocker Recovery Key, which I don't have despite not enabling any setting for that.What can I do to be able to use my...
  5. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

Need help with BitLocker Recovery key: I have a Dell Laptop and a Surface Pro 7+ which both devices are on my Microsoft account. I cannot access my Dell Laptop due to the request to input the BitLocker Recovery Key, which I don't have despite not enabling any setting for that.What can I do to be able to use my...
  6. Need help with BitLocker Recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!

Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  9. Need Help with the BitLocker Numeric Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with the BitLocker Numeric Recovery Key: My Lenovo laptop is running on Windows 11 and I need the numeric recovery key the 48 digits number to access my laptop. I never set my laptop to turn on with BitLocker Key, but sometimes the laptop went to Bitllock key requirement this morning.According to my Microsoft...
  10. bitlocker recovery help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery help.: hi seniors, i install win 10 OS in c drive accidentally i delete Other 2 drives that two is bit locker encrypted drives*Sad now how to retrieve my data s. please help me any one . thankyou 108647