Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery - hoping someone can help

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery - hoping someone can help in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My situation: Working on daughter's computer She was working and a restart occurred On boot, bit locker key was requested She never set up bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Smittydk, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Smittydk Win User

Bitlocker recovery - hoping someone can help

My situation:

Working on daughter's computer

She was working and a restart occurred

On boot, bit locker key was requested

She never set up bit locker thus has no record of it

Checked Microsoft to see if she had an account - no luck there

I am able to access the cmd prompt on her computer

Cannot access C: drive but can access X: drive

Using manage-bde I've found a numerical password ID and a TPM ID

Wondering if there is a way to either:

- Identify the bit locker recovery key

- unlock the C: drive using either of the numbers I've located

My qualifications: Know enough to be dangerous at best.

I've spent hours on the phone with both MS and Lenovo

Suffice to say I'd rather have a root canal than keep going through the experience I've had thus far

Data on her computer is critical as it relates to some recent patient files.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Smittydk, Jan 13, 2021

2. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jan 13, 2021
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Bitlocker recovery - hoping someone can help

need to recovery my bitlocker key

Hello frankStilla, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

I suggest you follow the instructions down below and visit the URL and follow the different solutions.

If you want to make a backup of your BitLocker recovery key: Select the Start button, type BitLocker, select Manage BitLocker from the list of results, select Back up your recovery key, and follow the prompts for your preferred backup method.

Refer to:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402618...

Hope this helps!

Thank you and good luck,

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery - hoping someone can help

1. Bitlocker recovery - hoping someone can help - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery hoping

2. I hope someone can help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hope someone can help.: For some reason on my laptop when I connected a JBL Speaker idk why but I cant hear the music that I'm playing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hope-someone-can-help/ad416ab2-7e53-4cbc-969b-2ce39d6ec852
  3. I hope someone can help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hope someone can help.: For some reason on my laptop when I connected a JBL Speaker idk why but I cant hear the music that I'm playing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hope-someone-can-help/ad416ab2-7e53-4cbc-969b-2ce39d6ec852
  4. Hope someone help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hope someone help: I have issue on my Windows were I cant seem to get the password box in my sign in page. This machine works yesterday and I dont know if there is something happen or what. I simply shut it down then when I turn it on today the box is missing and I cant sign in. I have Windows...
  5. Hope someone help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hope someone help: I have issue on my Windows were I cant seem to get the password box in my sign in page. This machine works yesterday and I dont know if there is something happen or what. I simply shut it down then when I turn it on today the box is missing and I cant sign in. I have Windows...
  6. Hope someone help

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Hoping someone can shed some light...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hoping someone can shed some light...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/taytertitties69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lwnhea/hoping_someone_can_shed_some_light/
  8. I'm really hoping someone can help me its extremely urgent

I'm really hoping someone can help me its extremely urgent: I've just upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10, on the start up screen it asks for me to sign into Microsoft. After I do this, it asks to create a windows PIN, straight after this it says 'Sorry something went wrong, please try again later' then I have 2 options, 'Retry'...
  9. Hope someone can help me with this stupid microsoft store

Hope someone can help me with this stupid microsoft store: SO just built my pc and installed a few games on it (wow and gears 5) my daughter asked me if she can play a game so i tried to download Disneyland adventures and kept getting the error code 0x80070057 so i tried to fix and i messed it up and now the store is messed up, the...
  10. bitlocker recovery help.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery help.: hi seniors, i install win 10 OS in c drive accidentally i delete Other 2 drives that two is bit locker encrypted drives*Sad now how to retrieve my data s. please help me any one . thankyou 108647