Windows 10: BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY CAN BE SAVED TO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT , JUST NOW I TESTED ON MY ASUS...

Discus and support BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY CAN BE SAVED TO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT , JUST NOW I TESTED ON MY ASUS... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today i enabled BitLocker protection on C drive partition on SSD , in between while processing encrypting drive ,BitLocker asks to save key in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAJU.MSC, Sep 9, 2018.

1. RAJU.MSC Win User

BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY CAN BE SAVED TO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT , JUST NOW I TESTED ON MY ASUS...

Today i enabled BitLocker protection on C drive partition on SSD , in between while processing encrypting drive ,BitLocker asks to save key in 3 ways

1) save to microsoft account

2) save to removablle drive (usb pen drive )

3) print recovery key

my laptop configuration

intel i5 7200u, samsung SSD 250GB M.2 , INTC TPM 2.0 , windows 10 enterprise v1803 build no 17314.254.

I would recommend to save recovery key to Microsoft account .

:)

RAJU.MSC, Sep 9, 2018

2. Cannot Save Bitlocker Recovery Key to Microsoft Account

I have a brand new Surface Pro with Windows 10. I am attempting to enable BitLocker.

From the Control Panel / Manage Bitlocker, I click "Turn on BitLocker".

I am given a question, "How do you want to backup your recovery key?" and I choose, "Save to your Microsoft account."

I am greeted with a popup, "Bitlocker Drive Encryption error. Can't sign in to your Microsoft account. You need to be signed in to Windows with a Microsoft account to save your recovery key. Sign out and hen sign in with a Microsoft account, or go to
    Settings and choose Accounts to change your existing account."

I am signed in, but I went through these steps again, but I am unable to save my recovery key to my Microsoft account.

How do I fix this?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bathosphyr, Sep 9, 2018
  3. mh0001 Win User
    Bitlocker recovery key couldn't be saved to your Microsoft account

The reason for this problem is really simple:

When you are using Bitlocker To Go for removable storage devices, you can't save the recovery key to your Microsoft account.

It's just not supported for this type of Bitlocker. Unfortunately it offers you to do so, but it will fail everytime you try it.

I'm using Bitlocker on 4 internal drives (2 with hardware encryption, 2 with software encryption) and I can backup the recovery keys of all these 4 drives to my Microsoft account.

When I try to backup the key of my USB stick (with Bitlocker To Go), I get the same error message like you.

mh0001, Sep 9, 2018
  4. BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY CAN BE SAVED TO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT , JUST NOW I TESTED ON MY ASUS...

recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY CAN BE SAVED TO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT , JUST NOW I TESTED ON MY ASUS...

1. BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY CAN BE SAVED TO MICROSOFT ACCOUNT , JUST NOW I TESTED ON MY ASUS... - Similar Threads - BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY

2. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?: I recently changed My laptop’s hard disk .I replaced with SSD and fixed my previous hardisk as secondary hard drive then post 1 week it is locked and Asking for BitLocker recovery key .unfortunately I didn’t saved any keys in my Microsoft account.No am unable to access my...
  3. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?: I recently changed My laptop’s hard disk .I replaced with SSD and fixed my previous hardisk as secondary hard drive then post 1 week it is locked and Asking for BitLocker recovery key .unfortunately I didn’t saved any keys in my Microsoft account.No am unable to access my...
  4. How to Bypass BitLocker if I didn’t saved my key recovery in My Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can not find Bitlocker recovery keys in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not find Bitlocker recovery keys in microsoft account: Bitlocker locked my notebook during the booting process after a Windows Update. When I signed in to my Microsoft account on another device and found the locked notebook, however, there was no Bitlocker information: "You have not uploaded any BitLocker recovery keys to your...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  7. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  8. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

9. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account: On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I need to do to enable it? [ATTACH] I don't seem to be joined to a domain / I have no work our school accounts on this...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker cant to save toy microsft account

2. windows 10 home cannot save bitlocker key to microsoft account