Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Dell XPS, Pro Windows. Installed resent windows update and after re-start received Bitlocer recovery screen asking to enter Bitlocker Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VIB21, Oct 5, 2018.

1. VIB21 Win User

Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only

Hi,

Dell XPS, Pro Windows. Installed resent windows update and after re-start received Bitlocer recovery screen asking to enter Bitlocker Recovery key.

Can't type the letters of the bitlocker recovery key, only numbers. Any known solution?

Thanks in advance.

VB

:)

VIB21, Oct 5, 2018

2. Unable to enter letters on Bitlocker Recovery Key

Trying to enter my Bitlocker Recovery Key , but it will only allow me to enter numbers and not letters.

Original title: GB

Georgedb2015, Oct 7, 2018
  3. keeblers Win User
    Bitlocker Recovery

I have a Asus T100TA with windows 10. I don't know if there was an update but for some reason it is on the bitlocker recovery screen. It says bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed. I
    have the key right on the screen but it will only let me type in numeric numbers. I have tried everything I know to unlock the numeric so I can type in the letters that are part of the key. Nothing is working. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks for
    your help.

keeblers, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. How do I type in my 28 digit recovery key Id? It has letters and numbers but it’s only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I type in my 28 digit recovery key Id? It has letters and numbers but it’s only...: How do I type in my 28 digit recovery key Id? It has letters and numbers but it’s only letting me use the function keys to type in numbers. It won’t let me type in letters. Please help!...
  3. How do I type in my 28 digit recovery key Id? It has letters and numbers but it’s only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I type in my 28 digit recovery key Id? It has letters and numbers but it’s only...: How do I type in my 28 digit recovery key Id? It has letters and numbers but it’s only letting me use the function keys to type in numbers. It won’t let me type in letters. Please help!...
  4. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  5. type letters - prints number?

in Windows 10 Customization
    type letters - prints number?: HiOn my wifes Laptop alongside some of the letters are numbers J1 K2 L3 M0 and so on when you try and type the letter it puts the number in.How can I put it back to normal please?Thank you Mr Soft...
  6. My computer keys type random numbers and letters.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer keys type random numbers and letters.: This has been happening for a while. when I type the p key it types qerw- and clicks enter, when I type the 0key it types 0613428 when I type *it types *3zcv, shift and question mark pressed at the same time scrolls my page all the way down without shift it types...
  7. Can't type letters only numbers, can't access pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't type letters only numbers, can't access pc: Hello, as you read i am having an issue that I cannot find the answer to. Shut down computer one night, turned on in am and I can't type in letters, only numbers. Come to find out it is very likely to be a keyboard drivers issue. Which is fixable but.... I cannot gain access...
  8. Reset using bitlocker key will only accept numbers not letters

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset using bitlocker key will only accept numbers not letters: Reset this pc using bitlocker key from my account will not accept letters but will accept numbers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-using-bitlocker-key-will-only-accept-numbers/12cafa60-a8cc-4617-935d-21f02cf36bcc
  9. BitLocker Recovery Key can only enter numbers ,not letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker Recovery Key can only enter numbers ,not letters: How do I enter the recovery key when the keypad I get is only numbers and the recovery password has both numbers and letters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-can-only-enter-numbers-not/8ac1d7c4-824a-496b-9ddc-492fc6413f74
  10. Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only: Hi, Dell XPS, Pro Windows. Installed resent windows update and after re-start received Bitlocer recovery screen asking to enter Bitlocker Recovery key. Can't type the letters of the bitlocker recovery key, only numbers. Any known solution? Thanks in advance. VB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant use letters on keypad for bitlocker on desktop

2. cant enter letters in bitlocker recovery key

3. why cant i enter letters in bitlocker recovery

4. when typing the recovery kets for bit locker i can not type any letters only numbers why,
  5. alphabets dont work on laptop for nitlocker recovery,
  6. letters dont type in bitlocker recovery screens,
  7. THE LETTERS WONT TYPE ON BITLOCKER RECOVERY KEY,
  8. Cant type letters in BitLocker recovery key,
  9. windows recovery key cant type letters,
  10. bitlocker recovery ket only typing numbers,
  11. enter the bitlocker recovery key unable to enter letters