Windows 10: Bitlocker Recovery key - I havent made any changes, I am administrator, and I've never made...

Discus and support Bitlocker Recovery key - I havent made any changes, I am administrator, and I've never made... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the subject title already explains, I haven't made any changes to my laptop, I am the administrator, and I have never made a recovery key in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AmberMsoft, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Bitlocker Recovery key - I havent made any changes, I am administrator, and I've never made...

As the subject title already explains, I haven't made any changes to my laptop, I am the administrator, and I have never made a recovery key in the first place.

I've had a look at forums etc but can't seem to find a STRAIGHTFORWARD answer.

- What is this?

- Why is it being prompted (seems as though randomly when turning on my computer sometimes).

I always press "exit and continue with windows 10",the laptop is slower on startup then when i first got it but i think its a normal slowdown due to what i assume is obvious reasons such as the fact I've used it and inevitably used up some memory.

But, its far from reassuring to have this blue screen pop up every so often and prompt I should have (a key) I never had and dont know what it is :/ .

IF anyone can please help???

SN: I purchased my laptop off ebay which makes me even more uneasy. (Surface book 1)

:)

AmberMsoft, Sep 16, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 16, 2019
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Bitlocker Recovery key - I havent made any changes, I am administrator, and I've never made...

Bitlocker recovery key

Hi LindsayWratten,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. What is the error message you get when you say ‘My system failed when recovering from a previous set point’?
    3. Do you have administrative privileges on the same PC?

However, you can follow the suggestions below to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to know
    where to look or find the Bitlocker recovery key

Further, you can ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.

If your PC is connected to a domain network (usually a work or school computer), ask the system administrator for your recovery key.

Here are the
    recovery options in Windows 10

Note: Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Resetting reinstalls Windows 10, but lets you choose whether to keep your files or remove them, and then reinstalls Windows. You can reset your PC from Settings, the sign-in screen, or by using a recovery drive or installation media.

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker Recovery key - I havent made any changes, I am administrator, and I've never made...

1. Bitlocker Recovery key - I havent made any changes, I am administrator, and I've never made... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Recovery key

2. "No changes made" after USB recovery install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No changes made" after USB recovery install: Surface Pro 5th edition 128gWindows 10 HomeBlack screenBMRUsed Data Eraser Tool from Microsoft supportCreated Recovery USB from Microsoft using serial numberGoes through recovery process to 100%, then gives me blue screen with "your PC encountered errors*. No changes were...
  3. I made a purchase for roblox and I never recieved it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a purchase for roblox and I never recieved it: I made a purchase and on my Microsoft for roblox and never recieved it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-made-a-purchase-for-roblox-and-i-never-recieved/3ae96279-96f3-46dc-a2c0-813a0499078a
  4. I made a purchase for roblox and I never recieved it

I made a purchase for roblox and I never recieved it: I made a purchase and on my Microsoft for roblox and never recieved it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-made-a-purchase-for-roblox-and-i-never-recieved/3ae96279-96f3-46dc-a2c0-813a0499078a
  5. Is BitLocker made for SSDs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is BitLocker made for SSDs?: Is BitLocker made for SSDs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-bitlocker-made-for-ssds/7277d04c-a16d-47a3-a8be-f229c5318888
  6. Is BitLocker made for SSDs?

Is BitLocker made for SSDs?: Is BitLocker made for SSDs? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-bitlocker-made-for-ssds/7277d04c-a16d-47a3-a8be-f229c5318888
  7. No changes made

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No changes made: Trying to reset my PC however in the long process I receive error message that there is a problem with reset and no changes made. I need to reset this PC since I will give it to my niece. I performed reset in settings and trying to remove everything. I want to do it...
  8. No changes made

No changes made: Trying to reset my PC however in the long process I receive error message that there is a problem with reset and no changes made. I need to reset this PC since I will give it to my niece. I performed reset in settings and trying to remove everything. I want to do it...
  9. No changes made

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. I've made a administrator password but i dont rememer it and when i install programs, i...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I've made a administrator password but i dont rememer it and when i install programs, i...: I've made a administrator password but i dont rememer it and when i install programs, i need my administrator password and i dont know it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-made-a-administrator-password-but-i-dont/743bb6d0-ed48-4345-86de-ac7f799bdf8f