Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key ID

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key ID in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my email address and had to wait 30 days to get my recovery keys. When i went into Microsoft to get the recovery key, the display showed a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RayTucker2, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Bitlocker recovery key ID

I changed my email address and had to wait 30 days to get my recovery keys. When i went into Microsoft to get the recovery key, the display showed a different key ID. I think j have more than one device with this email address. Hiw do i get the recovery key for the other device tvst is not listed?

:)

RayTucker2, Nov 25, 2018

2. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

Hello,

I'm the IT user-support person in a company and I have this issue with a corporate laptop (belong to a domain & Active Directory):

I received from a user his laptop "dead" (no power-on, nothing to start-it). Accordingly to company security policies I deliver the laptop in service with another blank disk (the same SSD type) because the original one contained data.

After receiving the fixed laptop from service, I changed back the disks by putting the original one at it place.

Now, it occur the issue: at first step of booting it request the Bitlocker recovery key because the disk was bitlocker encrypted before.

The bad-luck is that I don't have this Bitlocker recovery key nowhere: on the printed paper, USB memory stick and not even on the Active Directory.

Is strange, because ussually, the other workstations (laptops with bitlocker activated) have this information on Active Directory.

Maybe because of a possible cause: the laptop owner use to work at home with the laptop and the Active Directory didn't synchronized the information related to Bitlocker recovery key (like for other laptop used in LAN).

I have the "Recovery key ID" on the blue screen for the laptop but is useless because I cannot find the "Bitlocker recovery key" on Active Directory using it.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Many thanks for any advice and answer.

Mircea Dumitrescu.

Mircea Dumitrescu (mdumitre), Nov 25, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker recovery key ID

Xylee Del, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key ID

1. Bitlocker recovery key ID - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Recovery ID BitLocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery ID BitLocker key: I need to know Recovery ID BitLocker key to start working on my computer. I tried to get it from microsoft webpage, but the page is invaluable. It is still invaluable. Last week I called to support center and it's took more than 1,5h, the lady tried to find the solution...
  3. Recovery ID BitLocker key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery ID BitLocker key: I need to know Recovery ID BitLocker key to start working on my computer. I tried to get it from microsoft webpage, but the page is invaluable. It is still invaluable. Last week I called to support center and it's took more than 1,5h, the lady tried to find the solution...
  4. Recovery ID BitLocker Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery ID BitLocker Key: Case Number 7029141858 Monday microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-id-bitlocker-key/0015cefd-c77c-4388-a521-39c140f88d41
  5. Recovery ID BitLocker Key

Recovery ID BitLocker Key: Case Number 7029141858 Monday microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-id-bitlocker-key/0015cefd-c77c-4388-a521-39c140f88d41
  6. Bitlocker Key Recovery ID

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Key Recovery ID: Hi Guys,I have problem with the bitlocker recovery key ID.how can I get the generate PIN bitlocker recovery key ID?1. I have recovery key ID = 061138BE3C7E4F638CD37F216888E2182. I dont have email personal to microsoft 3, my laptop is broken so really need my data but should...
  7. Bitlocker Key Recovery ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Key Recovery ID: Hi Guys,I have problem with the bitlocker recovery key ID.how can I get the generate PIN bitlocker recovery key ID?1. I have recovery key ID = 061138BE3C7E4F638CD37F216888E2182. I dont have email personal to microsoft 3, my laptop is broken so really need my data but should...
  8. Bitlocker Key Recovery ID

9. Bitlocker recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key ID: Hello, My laptop had an update and when I powered it back on it is asking for my bitlocker recovery key. Having never enabled it myself I have no copy of the key. I contacted the manufacturer but they were not able to help and reported it had happened to quite a few people...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key ID

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key ID: Hello, My laptop had an update and when I powered it back on it is asking for my bitlocker recovery key. Having never enabled it myself I have no copy of the key. I contacted the manufacturer but they were not able to help and reported it had happened to quite a few people...