Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key ID

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key ID in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed my email address and had to wait 30 days to get my recovery keys. When i went into Microsoft to get the recovery key, the display showed a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RayTucker2, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Bitlocker recovery key ID

I changed my email address and had to wait 30 days to get my recovery keys. When i went into Microsoft to get the recovery key, the display showed a different key ID. I think j have more than one device with this email address. Hiw do i get the recovery key for the other device tvst is not listed?

:)

RayTucker2, Nov 25, 2018

2. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Nov 25, 2018
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

Hello,

I'm the IT user-support person in a company and I have this issue with a corporate laptop (belong to a domain & Active Directory):

I received from a user his laptop "dead" (no power-on, nothing to start-it). Accordingly to company security policies I deliver the laptop in service with another blank disk (the same SSD type) because the original one contained data.

After receiving the fixed laptop from service, I changed back the disks by putting the original one at it place.

Now, it occur the issue: at first step of booting it request the Bitlocker recovery key because the disk was bitlocker encrypted before.

The bad-luck is that I don't have this Bitlocker recovery key nowhere: on the printed paper, USB memory stick and not even on the Active Directory.

Is strange, because ussually, the other workstations (laptops with bitlocker activated) have this information on Active Directory.

Maybe because of a possible cause: the laptop owner use to work at home with the laptop and the Active Directory didn't synchronized the information related to Bitlocker recovery key (like for other laptop used in LAN).

I have the "Recovery key ID" on the blue screen for the laptop but is useless because I cannot find the "Bitlocker recovery key" on Active Directory using it.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Many thanks for any advice and answer.

Mircea Dumitrescu.

Mircea Dumitrescu (mdumitre), Nov 25, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker recovery key ID

Xylee Del, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key ID

1. Bitlocker recovery key ID - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key: i have Microsoft Surface pro, system asked to restart and update, i did it then system went repair mode ! , i have tried restart or continue button so many time without successful repair!, for any other repair button system ask for bitlocker recovery key. I have 0 expirance...
  3. How to find my bitlocker recovery key with my key id?

How to find my bitlocker recovery key with my key id?: How to find my bitlocker recovery key with my key id? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-key/49975553-f2d5-4ea8-9bab-c7d843b36039
  4. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker recovery key: My grandson has been locked out of his lenovo ideapad 100s. It was saying incorrect password and now it takes you to bitlocker recovery key... I have never set a bitlocker recovery key with microsoft account (as his laptop is linked to my account) and so dont know where to...
  5. Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker Recovery Key: The BIOS on my Dell laptop was updated and it is now asking me to enter the Bitlocker recovery key. I don't have a recovery key as I am sure I didn't switched it on. Any idea how I can get a recovery key? Thanks...
  6. BItlocker Recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BItlocker Recovery key: Hi Team, I'm using windows 10 home single automatically bit locker has been enabled,So i need to find the 48 digit key, I have the recovery key ID = 6F1E9A8C-2481-41969-87D3-3DCAE7CB4CDB, and also attached the image to find key,So please do the needful...
  7. bitlocker recovery key

bitlocker recovery key: Hello everybody, I lost my bitlocker recovery key number from my lenovo tablet, during a update of windows bios. I try find in my onedrive windows and isn´t here. How can recovery my tablet?...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Key

Bitlocker Recovery Key: how do i get the BitLocker Recoery Key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/bitlocker-recovery-key/677b3c1f-b5a0-4eab-bb95-6682cd84185a
  9. bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key: i lost my bitlocker recovery key. and also forget password please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/bitlocker-recovery-key/1bf1a758-2955-48a6-b0f5-474496b1d571"
  10. Bitlocker Recovery keys

Bitlocker Recovery keys: My laptop is asking for bitlocker recovery keys while I do not hve them and also I do not have any backup of the keys so what can be done.What's the solution to get the recovery keys back.I contacted microsoft but they are unable to tell the solution to this problem and just...