Windows 10: BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my...

Discus and support BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, as I can see my BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how could I make use of this ID to get my BitLocker recovery key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DM-OK, Aug 28, 2019.

1. DM-OK Win User

BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my...

Hi, as I can see my BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how could I make use of this ID to get my BitLocker recovery key (48-numeric digits) as I have not do backup earlier on my MS Account.

Any advice if I could recover my key (48-numeric digits) from using the BitLocker ID ?

:)

DM-OK, Aug 28, 2019
  2. sloangirl Win User

BitLocker Recovery Key can only enter numbers ,not letters

A new disk of what? Windows 10?

The numerical password I get in the command mode is 32 digits mix of letters and numbers. How does this translate into all numbers?

sloangirl, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Recovery Key Number

Hi Alexander,

You can find the instructions for retrieving your BitLocker Recovery key on the Windows Support site at this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

The following text comes from that link:

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive in to your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to BitLocker Recovery Keys.
      • In your Azure Active Directory account. For work PCs where you sign in with an Azure Active Directory account, to get your recovery key, see the device info for your Microsoft
        Azure account

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key.
    • If you still can't get in, you'll need to reset your PC. Learn how.
    • If you want to make a backup of your BitLocker recovery key: Select the Start button, type BitLocker, select Manage BitLocker from the list
      of results, select Back up your recovery key, and follow the prompts for your preferred backup method.

Christopher Miller, Aug 28, 2019
  4. varmrak Win User

BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my...

Can we reduce the number of characters in the BitLocker Recovery Key ? If YES, How ?

While performing a Drive Recovery in BitLocker 2.5 R2 for Windows 10. We usually get a 48 digit numeric Recovery key while performing a Recovery. So my question is - Is it possible to reduce the number of characters in this recovery key. If YES, How? If
    NO, why ?

varmrak, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my... - Similar Threads - BitLocker recovery key

2. restoring my personal identification number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    restoring my personal identification number: i get a message when i try to use my computer that reads, your PIN is no longer available. the Remove PIN button in settings is disabled, and i am also unable to change the PIN. it also tells me to accounts.live.com to fix the problem, but i am unable to sign in. i am using...
  3. restoring my personal identification number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    restoring my personal identification number: i get a message when i try to use my computer that reads, your PIN is no longer available. the Remove PIN button in settings is disabled, and i am also unable to change the PIN. it also tells me to accounts.live.com to fix the problem, but i am unable to sign in. i am using...
  4. Bitlocker recovery Number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery Number: I can’t wait 30 days cause I change my phone number and I forget to change the number in this app, and I want the bitlocker recovery from my account and you send me a code on my phone number, I don’t 0765112023 any more...
  5. Bitlocker recovery Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery Number: I can’t wait 30 days cause I change my phone number and I forget to change the number in this app, and I want the bitlocker recovery from my account and you send me a code on my phone number, I don’t 0765112023 any more...
  6. Bitlocker recovery Number

7. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  8. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  9. Bitlocker recovery number for Lenovo

Bitlocker recovery number for Lenovo: Help! I need a BitLocker Recovery number (what ever that is) for my Lenovo MIIX 320-101CR and the information is Desktop-G56NOSG and that is dated 6/24/2017 and the Key ID, if needed, is FDD6ADB1 or FDD6ADBI and the Link number is 857635. Please send this information to my...
  10. BitLocker recovery number

BitLocker recovery number: I need a BitLocker recovery number and Microsoft listed three for me but my number is older. I need the Bitlocker recovery number for Desktop-G56NOSG dated 6/24/2017. Other information; Key ID = FDD6ADB1 Link id number is 857635 This is for a Lenovo MIIX 320-101CR and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker key 32 digits attached to computer

2. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026181/windows-10-find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

3. i only see 32 digits of the 48 digit bit locker key