Windows 10: bitlocker recovery key issues

Discus and support bitlocker recovery key issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i updated my lenovo ideapad 100s-11iby quite a while ago now and i turned it on and its a blue screen asking for a bitlocker key in which i dont have,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by danz240204, Nov 14, 2019.

1. bitlocker recovery key issues

i updated my lenovo ideapad 100s-11iby quite a while ago now and i turned it on and its a blue screen asking for a bitlocker key in which i dont have, ive read on another page is pre-installed so i guess thats why, but i can find my recovery key with the key id given but i dont know how to do that or if it works, can someone please help me!

ive checked the microsoft account linked to it and theres no key

ive not printed it out

and ive not saved it anywhere like a hard drive, usb or anything.

any ideas are appreciated bitlocker recovery key issues :)

:)

danz240204, Nov 14, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 14, 2019
  3. BitLocker recovery key

Hi Dan,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue related to Bitlocker.

Just to confirm, are you being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key from the lock screen after booting PC? If not, where are you exactly being asked for a Bitlocker recovery key?

Also, are you the only person that has an account on your device? Have you already done any troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue? If yes, what are these troubleshooting steps?

We'll be waiting for your confirmation.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

bitlocker recovery key issues

Xylee Del, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

bitlocker recovery key issues

1. bitlocker recovery key issues - Similar Threads - bitlocker recovery key

2. Bitlocker key recovery issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key recovery issue: Microsoft ID - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I am not able to find my bitlocker key in microsoft account as per snap, kindly resolve issue on top most priority and revert....
  3. Bitlocker key recovery issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker key recovery issue: Microsoft ID - *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, I am not able to find my bitlocker key in microsoft account as per snap, kindly resolve issue on top most priority and revert....
  4. Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing regarding the retrieval of my BitLocker recovery key.I have tried several methods to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key, including visiting the...
  5. Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval

Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing regarding the retrieval of my BitLocker recovery key.I have tried several methods to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key, including visiting the...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: We have turned our laptop on today and it is asking for the Bitlocker recovery key, we do not have this recovery key and we have checked our Microsoft account, after checking on the internet it seems there is no way to get past this screen without the relevant key, as this is...
  7. Bitlocker recovery key issues

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bitlocker recovery key issues: I just got my laptop back from repair and it’s asking for bitlocker recovery key on startup. I didn’t set this up and it’s not in my Microsoft account. What can I do?...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key: Kindly help me in getting my bitlocker recovery key as i forgot the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/a2c562b4-ba74-4d9b-8caa-bd6043d07cd7
  9. Bitlocker key or recovery key

Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key code sending issue

Bitlocker recovery key code sending issue: Bitlocker recovery key didn't sent to me (email account) after clicking "send code", may I know what is the problem of it? Window Message prompted: "Enter your security code" If XXXXX matches the email address on your account, we'll send you a code. Code Results: no code...