Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key not going through

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key not going through in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,please could you assist me with my problem.So I have just uninstalled Avast antivirus software off of my laptop and I had to restart to completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AbhayB123, May 21, 2023.

1. AbhayB123 Win User

Bitlocker recovery key not going through

Hi,please could you assist me with my problem.So I have just uninstalled Avast antivirus software off of my laptop and I had to restart to completely clear the avast data.After my device restarted it displayed a bitlocker page where I had to insert my key.I found my key of my Microsoft account by following the steps and after inserting the key it restarted my laptop automatically.After restarting I had to enter key again so basically this is going to keep on happening.Please can anyone help or must I delete my bitlocker key of the Microsoft webpage on my mobile device manually.

:)

AbhayB123, May 21, 2023

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 21, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, May 21, 2023
  4. Bitlocker recovery key not going through

Bitlocker Recovery Key

No, no other accounts.

What puzzles me is why the Bitlocker recovery key is not listed on the microsoft account, but there is a recovery key listed there for a computer I do not recognise.

I have several laptops but only the HP Envy has had Bitlocker on it. So what key is this on my account? And why isn't the Envy key there?

Jeremy Taylor1, May 21, 2023
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key not going through

1. Bitlocker recovery key not going through - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key not going through

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key not going through: Hi,please could you assist me with my problem.So I have just uninstalled Avast antivirus software off of my laptop and I had to restart to completely clear the avast data.After my device restarted it displayed a bitlocker page where I had to insert my key.I found my key of my...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key not going through

Bitlocker recovery key not going through: Hi,please could you assist me with my problem.So I have just uninstalled Avast antivirus software off of my laptop and I had to restart to completely clear the avast data.After my device restarted it displayed a bitlocker page where I had to insert my key.I found my key of my...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: We have turned our laptop on today and it is asking for the Bitlocker recovery key, we do not have this recovery key and we have checked our Microsoft account, after checking on the internet it seems there is no way to get past this screen without the relevant key, as this is...
  7. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question: Hello, We currently are using SCCM to Encrypt OS, Fixed and Removable drives and all seems to be working as expected but did have one question and believe I already know the answer but wanted to still ask. "When encrypting Removable drives via Bitlocker To Go are users able...
  8. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question: Hello, We currently are using SCCM to Encrypt OS, Fixed and Removable drives and all seems to be working as expected but did have one question and believe I already know the answer but wanted to still ask. "When encrypting Removable drives via Bitlocker To Go are users able...
  9. Bitlocker To Go Recovery Key Question

10. Bitlocker key or recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...