Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key not in my account

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key not in my account in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; MS service provider set up windows pro and now i do not have the bitlocker key and am locked out of my computer drives. No help from MS either bc it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by runadeb, Jul 22, 2021.

1. runadeb Win User

Bitlocker recovery key not in my account

MS service provider set up windows pro and now i do not have the bitlocker key and am locked out of my computer drives. No help from MS either bc it is impossible to find anyone to help -- online, in person, etc. Insane.

:)

runadeb, Jul 22, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 22, 2021
  3. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Bitlocker recovery key not in my account

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key not in my account

1. Bitlocker recovery key not in my account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  3. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account: When I sign in I can see details of my laptop etc but when I click on bitlocker recovery keys, I get an error message saying try a different URL. Please help. I don't want to wipe my whole laptop and lose all my information....
  4. Bitlocker recovery key is not in my microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  6. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  7. BitLocker Recovery key unavailable in my Microsoft account

BitLocker Recovery key unavailable in my Microsoft account: I have a Windows 10 device in which I recently installed Ubuntu for a dual boot. Since then I have not been able to login to my Windows OS as it asks for BitLocker Recovery key. As per the documentation provided my Microsoft here, I signed in to my Microsoft account and...
  8. BitLocker Recovery key unavailable in my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery key unavailable in my Microsoft account: I have a Windows 10 device in which I recently installed Ubuntu for a dual boot. Since then I have not been able to login to my Windows OS as it asks for BitLocker Recovery key. As per the documentation provided my Microsoft here, I signed in to my Microsoft account and...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key not present in my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key not present in my account: I have a dual boot setup with windows 10 and ubuntu, usually everytime I boot in ubuntu it changes the boot order and it boots straight to ubuntu and not straight to windows 10, just as I set it before. But the problem is that sometimes I got asked to enter the recovery key...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2