Windows 10: bitlocker recovery key not matching

Discus and support bitlocker recovery key not matching in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My recovery key is not matching with the recovery key id that i have, how can i check my linked account using my key id... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SK97, Jul 17, 2020.

1. SK97 Win User

bitlocker recovery key not matching

My recovery key is not matching with the recovery key id that i have, how can i check my linked account using my key id

:)

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Jul 17, 2020
  4. bitlocker recovery key not matching

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

bitlocker recovery key not matching

1. bitlocker recovery key not matching - Similar Threads - bitlocker recovery key

2. My bitlocker recovery ID doesn’t match my recovery keys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My bitlocker recovery ID doesn’t match my recovery keys?: Images of recovery ID and recovery keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-recovery-id-doesnt-match-my-recovery/a7110fbc-3cbc-4703-81b4-ba3f86e63024
  3. My bitlocker recovery ID doesn’t match my recovery keys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My bitlocker recovery ID doesn’t match my recovery keys?: Images of recovery ID and recovery keys. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bitlocker-recovery-id-doesnt-match-my-recovery/a7110fbc-3cbc-4703-81b4-ba3f86e63024
  4. Bitlocker Bluescreen Recovery Key not matching when trying to unlock drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Bluescreen Recovery Key not matching when trying to unlock drive: I have a PC with two drives.I had a Windows 10 system on drive 1 and today I installed another Windows 10 system on drive 2.I went back to drive 1 and enabled bitlocker for the whole drive.I saved the RecoveryKey to a file on an usb drive.When I restarted the computer and had...
  5. Bitlocker Bluescreen Recovery Key not matching when trying to unlock drive

Bitlocker Bluescreen Recovery Key not matching when trying to unlock drive: I have a PC with two drives.I had a Windows 10 system on drive 1 and today I installed another Windows 10 system on drive 2.I went back to drive 1 and enabled bitlocker for the whole drive.I saved the RecoveryKey to a file on an usb drive.When I restarted the computer and had...
  6. Bitlocker Identifier matches recovery key, but get wrong key error message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Identifier matches recovery key, but get wrong key error message: We had to restore an encrypted drive from Veeam and when we try to unlock it, we get the an error message that the Bitlocker password is incorrect. We tried to enter the recovery key, and that also comes back as incorrect, even though the identifier is the same in the...
  7. Bitlocker Identifier matches recovery key, but get wrong key error message

Bitlocker Identifier matches recovery key, but get wrong key error message: We had to restore an encrypted drive from Veeam and when we try to unlock it, we get the an error message that the Bitlocker password is incorrect. We tried to enter the recovery key, and that also comes back as incorrect, even though the identifier is the same in the...
  8. Bitlocker Identifier matches recovery key, but get wrong key error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. My recovery key for BitLocker doesn't match.

My recovery key for BitLocker doesn't match.: Hi,I have updated latest featurepossibly windows 11. And just after I have done the update.My screen became black out with only mouse point. And a couple of times trying BIOS set up, It is now Bitlocker got activated, it says ‘you need to enter recovery key because Secure...
  10. Bitlocker recovery code does not match

Bitlocker recovery code does not match: Hi, I have problem with my surface pro 4. the problem is the harddisk is locked when its windows was updated. it could not start the windows again. I have tried with the windows start-up usb and to unlock the harddisk but need the bitlocker recovery code. I got the bitlocker...