Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key not working.

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key not working. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Im trying to repair my dad's Surface Pro laptop but i'm running into some problems. It's unclear what actually happened but one day the Surface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hedeman, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Hedeman Win User

Bitlocker recovery key not working.

Hi, Im trying to repair my dad's Surface Pro laptop but i'm running into some problems.

It's unclear what actually happened but one day the Surface Pro laptop only wanted to start into UEFI mode. When I disable "Secure Boot" it gives the message that Windows failed to start and that I should enter my windows installation disc and repair the computer.

However when I tried to do a startup repair or a system restore point they both ask for a Bitlocker recovery key.

I found the correct corresponding bitlocker recovery key and tried top use it, but with no luck. I keeps saying "Failed to unlock with this recovery key"

I also tried an old way with a "Hiren's BootCD" to directly access the C: drive with the Bitlocker key but here it also gives me a warning that the key is not correct.

How is it possible that my recovery key is not working? And how do I proceed if I want to recover files from this encrypted hard disk. I tried looking online for answers but somehow nobody is talking about a recovery key's not working, only about losing them.

Hopefully someone can help!

:)

Hedeman, Sep 29, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Bitlocker recovery key not working.

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key not working.

1. Bitlocker recovery key not working. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. BitLocker recovery key not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker recovery key not working: Hello, I have got a blue screen with request to enter BitLocker recovery key. I logged in to my account and used listed recovery key. But this recovery key does not help and there is no other option to get access to PC anymore. I looked into all possible information on web...
  3. BitLocker recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key not working: Hello, I have got a blue screen with request to enter BitLocker recovery key. I logged in to my account and used listed recovery key. But this recovery key does not help and there is no other option to get access to PC anymore. I looked into all possible information on web...
  4. BitLocker recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bitlocker recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker recovery key not working: I am receiving a bitlocker recovery key message. I entered the bitlocker recovery key 3 different times and it tries to restart but doesn't. I am getting the same request for a bitlocker recovery key. I am not able to do anything further on the computer. Just keep getting...
  6. BitLocker Recovery key Not Working!

BitLocker Recovery key Not Working!: Hi Please Help me!!!! I changed my windows password and my password BitLocker on the driver not working anymore. it doesn't accept the recovery key and the Key ID has changed!!!...
  7. BitLocker recovery key is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker recovery key is not working: My computer got fixed recently and the BitLocker key that showed up when logging into my microsoft account is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-is-not-working/71503dd2-7ae7-4179-843c-45f33f6cd0aa
  8. BitLocker Recovery key not working

BitLocker Recovery key not working: My dell tablet locked me out and is asking for a BitLocker recovery key, but the tablet is under my dads email so I can't access it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-not-working/0dbd4f1f-2d95-4ad3-84b8-a65a27976bb2
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key is not working

Bitlocker Recovery Key is not working: I have an Asus laptop that we attempted to configure Bitlocker to encrypt the OS drive C: using a USB drive for the startup key. When going through the process to configure this we checked the option to do a startup check before encrypting the drive and I also saved the...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key not working

Bitlocker recovery key not working: I was workig on my pc yesterday and suddenly windows updates happend and asked for a reboot i saved all the files and reeboted my pc since then its asking for a recovery key to boot I had setup bitlcoker on my PC previously so i entered it and it accepted but it went back...