Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key prompt my alpha keys not working

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key prompt my alpha keys not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Being prompted for Bitlocker key which I do not have. There is one being displayed on my screen which has alpha characters, for some reason only my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SusanCronmiller, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Bitlocker recovery key prompt my alpha keys not working

Being prompted for Bitlocker key which I do not have. There is one being displayed on my screen which has alpha characters, for some reason only my numerics work on my keyboard. Very frustrating

:)

SusanCronmiller, Feb 1, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Feb 1, 2019
  3. PC prompting for Bitlocker recovery key, cannot find the recovery key

Hello Leckbir,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on the PC?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

This issue can be caused if a BIOS/firmware update has been pushed to your PC either through Windows Updates or any other OEM media update.

If you have set up the Bitlocker on your PC, I suggest you to look for the recovery key on your Microsoft account. Also, you can refer the article

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 1, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker recovery key prompt my alpha keys not working

Xylee Del, Feb 1, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key prompt my alpha keys not working

1. Bitlocker recovery key prompt my alpha keys not working - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key prompt: Hello,I was prompted for bitlocker recovery key when I tried to boot my windows 10 laptob recently 29th Jan, 2024.Did the recent security update trigger this for anyone else or is it alarming that my device could be compromised? I have run some scans and didn't find any...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. bitlocker recovery key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker recovery key not working: I am receiving a bitlocker recovery key message. I entered the bitlocker recovery key 3 different times and it tries to restart but doesn't. I am getting the same request for a bitlocker recovery key. I am not able to do anything further on the computer. Just keep getting...
  6. BitLocker Recovery key Not Working!

BitLocker Recovery key Not Working!: Hi Please Help me!!!! I changed my windows password and my password BitLocker on the driver not working anymore. it doesn't accept the recovery key and the Key ID has changed!!!...
  7. BitLocker recovery key is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker recovery key is not working: My computer got fixed recently and the BitLocker key that showed up when logging into my microsoft account is wrong. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-is-not-working/71503dd2-7ae7-4179-843c-45f33f6cd0aa
  8. Repeated prompt for bitlocker recovery key

Repeated prompt for bitlocker recovery key: Hi, anyone facing this problem recently of getting prompt to enter bitlocker recovery key? im using a ms surface pro6 and had to enter my recovery key every time i restarted my device over the last two days. Appreciate some help here. thanks!...
  9. Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Suddenly prompted for Bitlocker recovery key: Hi, I rebooted my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro (latest updates), and out of the blue I was prompted for a Bitlocker recovery key. I assume this has to do with hard disk encryption, but I have never enabled this. I just clicked continue to Windows 10 and everything...
  10. BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery key prompt on startup: Hello Support, My Dell Inspiron 15 does not have a TPM and still I am being asked for a recovery key every time I start my laptop all of a sudden. I have to retype the recovery key every time I start the lappy. Can anyone help. Thanks, Kala...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker how to get alpha keys to work

2. bitlocker recovery key prompt alpha not

3. bitlocker recovery key not working

4. recovery key wont let me key alpha