Windows 10: BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device?

Discus and support BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device? It windows 11 and after a windows update it couln't boot up with out a bitlocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gary Matsuda, Jul 10, 2024.

1. BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device?

BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device? It windows 11 and after a windows update it couln't boot up with out a bitlocker key. Can't backup becasue there is no valid bitlocker key. One shows in microsft account but it's assigned to two devices and it's invalid.I can't backout the updates either, it's telling me there was a problem. Diagnostics didn;t seem to find anything wrong.

:)

Gary Matsuda, Jul 10, 2024
  2. Leaner_ Win User

How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair

I want to delete not-associated-with-any-pc BitLocker recovery key. Device name in 'About' and that shown on the listing page for BitLocker recovery key seems to be different. Windows installed date in 'About' and registered date for BitLocker seems to
    be different, too. As my desktop devices experienced reinstall at problem before, it is uncertain which device listed are actually in use. If a bootable USB could be counted, I wish know how to identify them, too. Thank you very much.

Leaner_, Jul 10, 2024
  3. Lei Tao Win User
    Unlock Bitlocker

Hello Imam Subhi,

since you never set up a BitLocker password or recovery key, the only way to unlock the drive is to use the recovery key that was generated when BitLocker was first enabled on the drive. To find your lost recovery key, you'll need to follow the steps in Finding your BitLocker recovery key in Windows - Microsoft Support.

Important:

• If you are unable to locate the BitLocker recovery key and can't revert any configuration change that might have caused it to be required, you’ll need to reset your device using one of the Windows recovery options. Resetting your device will remove all of your files.
    • Microsoft support is unable to provide, or recreate, a lost BitLocker recovery key.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Lei

Lei Tao, Jul 10, 2024
  4. BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device?

unlock bitlocker using recovery key

We can't help you.

That data is your responsibility.

You can read through this:

"BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions"

Where to look for your BitLocker recovery key - Microsoft Support

"Find my BitLocker recovery key"

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b-aa71c00ea55e/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

"How to Unlock a Drive using BitLocker Recovery in Windows 8 and 8.1"

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21433-bitlocker-recovery-unlock-drive-windows-8-a.html

Bill Smithers, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device?

1. BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device? - Similar Threads - BitLocker recovery key

2. BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device?: BitLocker recovery key same for 2 devices, how can I unlock a device? It windows 11 and after a windows update it couln't boot up with out a bitlocker key. Can't backup becasue there is no valid bitlocker key. One shows in microsft account but it's assigned to two devices and...
  3. No BitLocker recovery key for a device in AAD

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    No BitLocker recovery key for a device in AAD: Hi there,After latest installation of windows update, I was prompted to key in BitLocker password to unlock to harddisk/ get into Windows 10 for my laptop Dell Vostro .Since I have been using my university email for office 365, outlook etc., I tried to go for...
  4. Multiple devices showing same recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple devices showing same recovery key: A technician today was installing a brand new motherboard on my laptop after a failure. When he got to the critical phase of recovering the laptop, the recovery key provided under my microsoft account turned out to be incorrect. So i started a long and painful research into...
  5. BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device: Hi all,My laptop HP Spectre when I log in asks me to 'Enter the Recovery Key for this drive'. Well I do not know what this is and it says to find the key you need to visit:aka.ms/aadrecoverykeyand/oraka.ms/recoverykeyfaqI went to these websites and could not find the keyDoes...
  6. BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device: Hi all,My laptop HP Spectre when I log in asks me to 'Enter the Recovery Key for this drive'. Well I do not know what this is and it says to find the key you need to visit:aka.ms/aadrecoverykeyand/oraka.ms/recoverykeyfaqI went to these websites and could not find the keyDoes...
  7. BitLocker recovery - I do not know the recovery key for the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device: Hi, I recently got my computer repaired and when I got it back it's been asking for my bitlocker recovery key. I went to support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key and followed the instructions, but the only recovery key...
  9. How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to define [Device] - [BitLocker recovery key] pair: I want to delete not-associated-with-any-pc BitLocker recovery key. Device name in 'About' and that shown on the listing page for BitLocker recovery key seems to be different. Windows installed date in 'About' and registered date for BitLocker seems to be different, too. As...
  10. How to unlock device when recovery key lost.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to unlock device when recovery key lost.: Hi Everyone. My problem, When window was updated then Bitlocker active and required recovery key 48 character(number) to unlock device. [ATTACH] But i don't enable bitlocker and turn on bitlocker on partition(C,D,E). [ATTACH] Question 1: Could Bitlocker enable when...