Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key says "Digit group 7 contains an error"

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key says "Digit group 7 contains an error" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't recall changing my password, but I haven't used the disk in a while (external drive). So, I tried to unlock it with the recovery key, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KipPrdy, Oct 19, 2019.

1. KipPrdy Win User

Bitlocker recovery key says "Digit group 7 contains an error"

I don't recall changing my password, but I haven't used the disk in a while (external drive).

So, I tried to unlock it with the recovery key, and I'm getting this error. I don't understand what's going on.

:)

KipPrdy, Oct 19, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 19, 2019
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

Hi,

I forgot my bitlocker drive password and also dont have access to recovery key but using command prompt I am able to get password ID and numerical password ID of the encrypted drive, now can I use any of these two to unlock my drive.

manage-bde.exe -protectors -get E:

although when I try to unlock my drive using recovery key option by copying the numerical password ID and pasting it in the enter recovery key field it gives an error that digit group 1 contains an error, pls help with it as the drive contains very important
    data and I need access to it.

or is there any other way to unlock the drive.

The screen shot is attached
    Bitlocker recovery key says  "Digit group 7 contains an error" 92706a63-4a78-4444-b1ee-fe6fd4318cad.jpg

SudhirKumar_2611, Oct 19, 2019
  4. Bitlocker recovery key says "Digit group 7 contains an error"

Bitlocker recovery key

Hello,

I'm the IT user-support person in a company and I have this issue with a corporate laptop (belong to a domain & Active Directory):

I received from a user his laptop "dead" (no power-on, nothing to start-it). Accordingly to company security policies I deliver the laptop in service with another blank disk (the same SSD type) because the original one contained data.

After receiving the fixed laptop from service, I changed back the disks by putting the original one at it place.

Now, it occur the issue: at first step of booting it request the Bitlocker recovery key because the disk was bitlocker encrypted before.

The bad-luck is that I don't have this Bitlocker recovery key nowhere: on the printed paper, USB memory stick and not even on the Active Directory.

Is strange, because ussually, the other workstations (laptops with bitlocker activated) have this information on Active Directory.

Maybe because of a possible cause: the laptop owner use to work at home with the laptop and the Active Directory didn't synchronized the information related to Bitlocker recovery key (like for other laptop used in LAN).

I have the "Recovery key ID" on the blue screen for the laptop but is useless because I cannot find the "Bitlocker recovery key" on Active Directory using it.

What do you suggest to do in this case?

Many thanks for any advice and answer.

Mircea Dumitrescu.

Mircea Dumitrescu (mdumitre), Oct 19, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key says "Digit group 7 contains an error"

1. Bitlocker recovery key says "Digit group 7 contains an error" - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. How to recovery BitLocker Digit ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recovery BitLocker Digit ?: Hello, dear Microsoft Team,I am stack at BitLocker Recovery, i had been tried everything to get it, but this PC's person cannot remember microsoft account and also password. How to get 48 digits key ? I have the Recovery Key, Please contact me as this email. Thanks...
  3. How to recovery BitLocker Digit ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recovery BitLocker Digit ?: Hello, dear Microsoft Team,I am stack at BitLocker Recovery, i had been tried everything to get it, but this PC's person cannot remember microsoft account and also password. How to get 48 digits key ? I have the Recovery Key, Please contact me as this email. Thanks...
  4. 7 digit verification code for bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    7 digit verification code for bitlocker recovery: Hi, I am having problem getting 7 digits verification codeI am keep getting 6 digits code by email and sms.However, the page is asking me 7digits with email and 4 digits with sms.Can someone help?...
  5. 7 digit verification code for bitlocker recovery

7 digit verification code for bitlocker recovery: Hi, I am having problem getting 7 digits verification codeI am keep getting 6 digits code by email and sms.However, the page is asking me 7digits with email and 4 digits with sms.Can someone help?...
  6. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?: I have many Microsoft accounts, and so I do not remember which account my locked driver D is associated with currently, I'm on an unlocked C driver. If I provide the Bitlocker Key ID for the driver, can you please inform me the Microsoft account email that I can log into to...
  7. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?: I have many Microsoft accounts, and so I do not remember which account my locked driver D is associated with currently, I'm on an unlocked C driver. If I provide the Bitlocker Key ID for the driver, can you please inform me the Microsoft account email that I can log into to...
  8. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. bitlocker recovery key 48 digit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bitlocker recovery key 48 digit: Hello,My company have the bitlocker, and recently I plug in my external hard drive, and it got locked. and I do not know how to get the 48 digit recovery key. I only have identification key that gives me when I try to open external hard drive.Please tell me what can I do,...
  10. Bitlocker key or recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. digit group 1 contains an error

2. digit group 1 contains an error bitlocker

3. digit group 1contains error