Windows 10: BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

Discus and support BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; BitLocker wont let me retrieve files if I restore system. Any way to save files and restore system?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredStamey1, Jun 13, 2019.

1. BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

BitLocker wont let me retrieve files if I restore system. Any way to save files and restore system?

:)

FredStamey1, Jun 13, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 13, 2019
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 13, 2019
  4. BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

1. BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get... - Similar Threads - BitLocker recovery key

2. Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing regarding the retrieval of my BitLocker recovery key.I have tried several methods to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key, including visiting the...
  3. Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with BitLocker Recovery Key Retrieval: Dear Microsoft Support Team,I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with an issue I'm experiencing regarding the retrieval of my BitLocker recovery key.I have tried several methods to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key, including visiting the...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  5. Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!

Bitlocker recovery key retrieval - Help!: My Dell G3 series laptop got ruined as it got coffee all over it but thankfully my hard drive is readable still. I cannot afford to lose that data, its my 3 years of work. Whenever my hard disk is detected, it is asking me for a 48-bit bitlocker key which I never remember...
  6. Any way around the bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way around the bitlocker recovery key?: I tried installing a new program Protools on my laptop and it completely crashed it. It's now requesting a bitlocker recovery key. The only problem is, I purchased the laptop with my work email and have since changed jobs, so the email account the device purchase and...
  7. Any way around the bitlocker recovery key?

Any way around the bitlocker recovery key?: I tried installing a new program Protools on my laptop and it completely crashed it. It's now requesting a bitlocker recovery key. The only problem is, I purchased the laptop with my work email and have since changed jobs, so the email account the device purchase and...
  8. Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieve bitlocker recovery key with my recovery key id: A433C8B0-9FF44553984A5B923D4A17F2 this my recovery key ID I use Windows 7 ultimate piracy disk not original one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieve-bitlocker-recovery-key-with-my-recovery/a1121af3-ec32-4a07-ae29-a42bdc9261bf
  9. Bitlocker recovery key /way out to get recovery's key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery key /way out to get recovery's key: I have dell inspiron, i had replaced Motherboard with new one, but after replaced, window started asking for bitlocker recovery key , i havnot set bitlocker im my device. I have tried Microsoft account, key is not there, Is there any way to get this or i have some important...
  10. Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key: Hi, I have a thinkpad x270 installed with Windows 10 Pro. A few days ago when I was trying to log into the system, the system didn't start correctly and always stuck at the Boot Menu. I brought it to a repair shop to get my documents on the hard drives out, and the people...