Windows 10: BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

Discus and support BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; BitLocker wont let me retrieve files if I restore system. Any way to save files and restore system?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FredStamey1, Jun 13, 2019.

1. BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

BitLocker wont let me retrieve files if I restore system. Any way to save files and restore system?

:)

FredStamey1, Jun 13, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 13, 2019
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 13, 2019
  4. BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

BitLocker Save to USB Flash missing?

Hi,

I followed the step by step guide on what Brink wrote up below.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...-a.html?filter[1]=Security System Tools

However, when turning ON BitLocker to encrypt the OS drive only, and ask me to where to save the recovery key, I get only the Save to File and not the Save to USB Flash. Has MS taken out the Save to USB selection since WIn 10 version 1511?

I followed all the steps and left BitLocker to its default setting (except for encryption method).

I was able to save the recovery key to a file which was my USB flash drive.

win10freak, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get...

1. BitLocker recovery key sends me back to the retrieve window, any way to save files and get... - Similar Threads - BitLocker recovery key

2. Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Incorrect BitLocker Recovery Key - how to retrieve it?: Hi All, OK, so I have a colleague who wanted to borrow a laptop to do some testing which I provided. After 30 odd minutes later he has said that he had to reimage the laptop and the machine was prompted him to enter in a recovery key. I provided him with a BitLocker...
  3. windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key: i got a dell laptop, and while it got problem on thrn on, i sent it to repair. after i get it back, i tried to open it but i was asked a BitLocker key or a BitLocker recovery key which i have got no idea about and i have never set anything like this. i am having no idea about...
  4. Is there a way to generate Bitlocker recovery key with key ID?

Is there a way to generate Bitlocker recovery key with key ID?: Hello, I have a SD card, that I have encrypted with Bitlocker using win 7 from another PC. (Bitlocker to Go) I am sure that the password is 85% correct but Bitlocker doesn't accept it. I don't have on my outlook account or on my computer the recovery key. The recovery key...
  5. Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to retrieve the Bitlocker recovery Key: Hi, I have a thinkpad x270 installed with Windows 10 Pro. A few days ago when I was trying to log into the system, the system didn't start correctly and always stuck at the Boot Menu. I brought it to a repair shop to get my documents on the hard drives out, and the people...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key code sending issue

Bitlocker recovery key code sending issue: Bitlocker recovery key didn't sent to me (email account) after clicking "send code", may I know what is the problem of it? Window Message prompted: "Enter your security code" If XXXXX matches the email address on your account, we'll send you a code. Code Results: no code...
  7. bitlocker recovery key

bitlocker recovery key: i lost my bitlocker recovery key. and also forget password please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/bitlocker-recovery-key/1bf1a758-2955-48a6-b0f5-474496b1d571"
  8. Bitlocker Recovery keys

Bitlocker Recovery keys: My laptop is asking for bitlocker recovery keys while I do not hve them and also I do not have any backup of the keys so what can be done.What's the solution to get the recovery keys back.I contacted microsoft but they are unable to tell the solution to this problem and just...
  9. Bitlocker - Is it possible to save the key in more ways than one?

Bitlocker - Is it possible to save the key in more ways than one?: Hi, I have a new PC with Windows 10 Pro installed and I'm contemplating using Bitlocker for greater safety on the two hard drives installed. One is a 128 GB SSD and the other a 1 TB SATA. I would like to know if it is possible to save the generated keys in more ways...
  10. How to get around bitlocker recovery key

How to get around bitlocker recovery key: When I boot up my laptop I am asked to enter the bitlocker recovery key. I do not have this, I don't even recall setting it up. How do I solve this issue. I am willing to completely reinstall windows. I can't get in any further than this screen. Any help would be greatly...