Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Have to enter the bitlocker recovery key on my Lenovo laptop ... logged in to my Microsoft account to find it and when I went to the screen that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lucia Jamieson, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...

Have to enter the bitlocker recovery key on my Lenovo laptop ... logged in to my Microsoft account to find it and when I went to the screen that is supposed to show the bitlocker code .. is displaying but the Device name is different than displayed on the previous screen and on my device screen .. so the bitlocker code is not working as a result. Device name was displayed correctly in previous screen .. so obviously a microsoft bug again

:)

Lucia Jamieson, Sep 24, 2022

2. Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

Hi,

Yesterday my laptop got a Windows update and on rebooting, it's stuck at "Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key" page. I never set up the key. It says "there has been a change in secure boot" and hence you need to enter the recovery key. But when I setup my laptop
    for the first time, I never setup any bitlocker key. Also, the device is not shown in any of microsoft accounts. How do I find the recovery key?

HimanshuMadhu, Sep 24, 2022
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hi,

My HP Envy underwent some updates when I shut it down last night. These completed normally.

This morning when I turned it on it is asking for a Bitlocker Recovery key. I was not aware that this laptop even had bitlocker activiated, but clearly it has.

I do not know what the recovery key is, I have not copied it to a USB stick or written it on a piece of paper. Why would I? I didn't even know bitlocker was activated.

I visited my microsoft account and found that the HP is listed in the 'Devices' section with the correct identifier and there is a link to 'Bitlocker details'. However, when I click this the bitlocker key and key identifier listed there do not match the key identifier that the laptop is asking for. And entering this key just gets me "this is incorrect".

How come the wrong key is listed there?

How can I get the correct key?

Is there anyway to get round this without losing all my data?

Jeremy Taylor1, Sep 24, 2022
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...

Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In respect of your concern, the BitLocker recovery page you are getting is for the BIOS security and that is setup from the manufacturer.

I would suggest you to get in contact with the computer’s manufacturer and they will help you with the BitLocker recovery key.

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Sep 24, 2022
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...

1. Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key page not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key page not working: I restarted my laptop, just because I hadn't in a while, and when it turned back on it said it needed my bitlocker recovery key.Fine. I had done this before.The big problem is when I log into my mircosoft account on my phone, the page says "something happened, try again...
  3. BitLocker recovery key page broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key page broken?: I'm trying to get at a BitLocker recovery key, saved to my Microsoft account.When I follow the link to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey from...
  4. Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key - showing as wrong device name when entered that page and bitlocker...: Have to enter the bitlocker recovery key on my Lenovo laptop ... logged in to my Microsoft account to find it and when I went to the screen that is supposed to show the bitlocker code .. is displaying but the Device name is different than displayed on the previous screen and...
  5. BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive: Hello, I'm in the process of finding my Bitlocker Recovery key by going to: My Microsoft Account > Devices > Dell Inspiron My Device that needs Bitlocker Recovery Key > View Details > Bitlocker data protection > Manage Recovery Keys and it takes me to a blank page that says:...
  6. BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Recovery Key Page Not Responsive: Hello, I'm in the process of finding my Bitlocker Recovery key by going to: My Microsoft Account > Devices > Dell Inspiron My Device that needs Bitlocker Recovery Key > View Details > Bitlocker data protection > Manage Recovery Keys and it takes me to a blank page that says:...
  7. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  8. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device: Hi, I recently got my computer repaired and when I got it back it's been asking for my bitlocker recovery key. I went to support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key and followed the instructions, but the only recovery key...
  10. Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key page at boot: Hi, Yesterday my laptop got a Windows update and on rebooting, it's stuck at "Enter Bitlocker Recovery Key" page. I never set up the key. It says "there has been a change in secure boot" and hence you need to enter the recovery key. But when I setup my laptop for the first...