Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key /way out to get recovery's key

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key /way out to get recovery's key in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have dell inspiron, i had replaced Motherboard with new one, but after replaced, window started asking for bitlocker recovery key , i havnot set... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kkrana27, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Kkrana27 Win User

Bitlocker recovery key /way out to get recovery's key

I have dell inspiron, i had replaced Motherboard with new one, but after replaced, window started asking for bitlocker recovery key , i havnot set bitlocker im my device.

I have tried Microsoft account, key is not there, Is there any way to get this or i have some important data in hard drive.

Regards

Kamlesh

Mail *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Kkrana27, Mar 4, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 4, 2020
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hi Rigo,

It looks like you're having challenges looking for your Bitlocker recovery key. We suggest that you check this article regarding your concern:

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker recovery key /way out to get recovery's key - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker: Hi,I am really stuck, recently i got stuck onto a Bitlocker recovery screen for Dell XPS with Windows 10.Its gives instruction to get a recovery key but they do not work. havre tried below links1. https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyTraceID:...
  3. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker: Hi,I am really stuck, recently i got stuck onto a Bitlocker recovery screen for Dell XPS with Windows 10.Its gives instruction to get a recovery key but they do not work. havre tried below links1. https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyTraceID:...
  4. Locked out and can't get recovery key for Bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key: We have turned our laptop on today and it is asking for the Bitlocker recovery key, we do not have this recovery key and we have checked our Microsoft account, after checking on the internet it seems there is no way to get past this screen without the relevant key, as this is...
  6. get bitlocker recovery key

get bitlocker recovery key: Lenovo YOGA 920 with BIOS update and bitlocker screen, need recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-bitlocker-recovery-key/2e6936e2-fa5f-4b50-b886-fd6a68a4c2f1
  7. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: Kindly help me in getting my bitlocker recovery key as i forgot the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/a2c562b4-ba74-4d9b-8caa-bd6043d07cd7
  8. get bitlocker recovery key

get bitlocker recovery key: get bit locker recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-bitlocker-recovery-key/5f5d7ffe-e3c2-4c8f-a478-569d917cecdb
  9. Bitlocker key or recovery key

Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  10. Is there a way to generate Bitlocker recovery key with key ID?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a way to generate Bitlocker recovery key with key ID?: Hello, I have a SD card, that I have encrypted with Bitlocker using win 7 from another PC. (Bitlocker to Go) I am sure that the password is 85% correct but Bitlocker doesn't accept it. I don't have on my outlook account or on my computer the recovery key. The recovery key...