Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a DELL XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. Yesterday windows pushed some updates and now my laptop is not even starting, it comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UditGupta2, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home

Hi,

I have a DELL XPS 13 laptop with Windows 10 Home edition. Yesterday windows pushed some updates and now my laptop is not even starting, it comes with a blue screen asking for Bitlocker recovery key which never existed as its a home edition. How can I solve this? Even if I have to reinstall, how can I save my data?

Thanks

:)

UditGupta2, Nov 30, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home

1. Bitlocker recovery key Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key: We have turned our laptop on today and it is asking for the Bitlocker recovery key, we do not have this recovery key and we have checked our Microsoft account, after checking on the internet it seems there is no way to get past this screen without the relevant key, as this is...
  3. BitLocker Key Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Key Recovery: Hi guys, I'm desperate, I need to recover my computer, I did not know it was encoded with bitlocker, forget the password and I can not access my data because the computer is locked.Here is my recovery id.FF4CFEB2-391D-4564-B3CD-873E2C77OE05Please can you help me guys....
  4. bitlocker recovery key

bitlocker recovery key: I am using lenovo G-50-80 with windows 10 . Recently i am unable to unlock one of my drive protected with Bitlocker. The problem is the recovery key is saved in that lock drive by mistake. I tried each and everything to find out . Kindly please help me out to unlock my drive...
  5. bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key: I am using lenovo G-50-80 with windows 10 . Recently i am unable to unlock one of my drive protected with Bitlocker. The problem is the recovery key is saved in that lock drive by mistake. I tried each and everything to find out . Kindly please help me out to unlock my drive...
  6. BitLocker recovery key

BitLocker recovery key: I was trying to switch back to windows 10 from 11 and now it is prompting me for a bitlocker recovery key, does anyone know how to get this? When I go to my microsoft account and search devices it tells me I am at the wrong URL?...
  7. BitLocker recovery keys for Windows 10

BitLocker recovery keys for Windows 10: Dear all I seemed to have performed some diagnostics on my Inspiron laptop and the next thing was this nag of a BitLocker recovery keys. The laptop came preinstalled with the Windows and I knew about backup of the keys. Device Tag: 6DD33P2 Will appreciate your help....
  8. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: Kindly help me in getting my bitlocker recovery key as i forgot the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/a2c562b4-ba74-4d9b-8caa-bd6043d07cd7
  9. Bitlocker key or recovery key

Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  10. windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 BitLocker key and BitLocker recovery key: i got a dell laptop, and while it got problem on thrn on, i sent it to repair. after i get it back, i tried to open it but i was asked a BitLocker key or a BitLocker recovery key which i have got no idea about and i have never set anything like this. i am having no idea about...