Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery key with "invalid date"

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery key with "invalid date" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I chose to store my bitlocker recovery key to microsoft account. When trying to recover, I noticed that date of the key is shown as "Invalid date"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Li_621, May 21, 2020.

1. Li_621 Win User

Bitlocker recovery key with "invalid date"

I chose to store my bitlocker recovery key to microsoft account.

When trying to recover, I noticed that date of the key is shown as "Invalid date" and the key is not accepted. Does this mean storing recovery key to microsoft account failed and my data is lost without any warning?

Otherwise everything seems to be in order, account shows that machine was last updated today.

:)

Li_621, May 21, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 22, 2020
  3. BitLocker Invalid Recovery Key

Hi all,

Is there any way to recover/get back data from encrypted HDD? I'm using Dell Vostro (Windows 10 Pro). My machine was encrypted with bitlocker. I had a hardware failures that I need to change to the new motherboard. After I change it to the new motherboard,
    my machine was lock. I try the recovery key that I store at the first time I setup the bitlocker but it said it was invalid key. Anyways to recover it? Last solution probably sent to the Microsoft if they can recovery it?

Adib Azhar, May 22, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Xylee Del, May 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker recovery key with "invalid date" - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery key

2. BitLocker Recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Recovery key: I have a finger print reader. My child tried to log in with the fingerprint reader three times so now it wants a bit locker recovery key. I don't have one. ***Original Title: Need help logging in***...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key: My laptop is suddenly asking for this and I have never set bitlocker up. Where do I get a recovery key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/ca0491c8-4fe3-4b4e-9a05-8a39e434fded
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Key

Bitlocker Recovery Key: I was away from my computer for some time, but when I came back to it, a blue screen appeared and told me I needed to put in my Bitlocker recovery key. I was unaware of this feature so I don't have it. I went to my Microsoft account to find it, but it wasn't there either....
  5. Bitlocker key or recovery key

Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  6. Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker Recovery Key: Having some issues with windows 10 login after a recent update. My computer is asking for a Bitlocker recovery key to get going. Also, it is not allowing me to log in after feeding the required key from my Microsoft account. - I have tried command prompt option as well but...
  7. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery key: Laptop suddenly shut off and then started a windows update. Now it wants a bitlocker recovery key. Had no idea what that was until today when this all started. Microsoft support was no help. Automated and kept sending me in circles to the same place that couldn't help me the...
  8. bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    bitlocker recovery key: hi i have an acer iconia tab 8 w which is asking me for a bitlocker recovery key but i do not have it where can i get it from ? it gave me an http address which bought me to here but it's only the virtual agents i am able to speak to so can anyone help me please...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: i have Microsoft Surface pro, system asked to restart and update, i did it then system went repair mode ! , i have tried restart or continue button so many time without successful repair!, for any other repair button system ask for bitlocker recovery key. I have 0 expirance...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker recovery key: My grandson has been locked out of his lenovo ideapad 100s. It was saying incorrect password and now it takes you to bitlocker recovery key... I have never set a bitlocker recovery key with microsoft account (as his laptop is linked to my account) and so dont know where to...