Windows 10: Bitlocker Recovery Key with university email

Discus and support Bitlocker Recovery Key with university email in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used a university email to sign into Windows 10 on my personal device and needed to take the laptop to a repair shop. They needed the Bitlocker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZairKhan, Aug 2, 2020.

1. ZairKhan Win User

Bitlocker Recovery Key with university email

I used a university email to sign into Windows 10 on my personal device and needed to take the laptop to a repair shop. They needed the Bitlocker recovery key to get out of a repair loop, but when I signed in with the Azure account, it signs me in, and lists the device, but there is no bitlocker key on the website. I contacted my university IT department and they told me to contact Microsoft because they do not keep bitlocker recovery keys for personal devices. I couldn't find a support page or number on the bitlocker page so I am coming here for any help possible. Thank you.

:)

ZairKhan, Aug 2, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Bitlocker Recovery Key

Hello,

To help you with your concern, may we confirm if what changes did you make to your computer before you experience the issue?

For the meantime, we suggest recovering your wife's account first through the steps provided on this
    link. After recovering her account, check if you have an email there for the Bitlocker Recovery Key.

Let us know the result.

Karla Alm, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker Recovery Key with university email - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Recovery Key

2. Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account: A few days ago I allowed a regular update on my Windows 10, however since then, my laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker and asking me for the recovery key, however I can't find it anywhere. I went to my school account in azure as the instructions on the blocked screen...
  3. Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account: A few days ago I allowed a regular update on my Windows 10, however since then, my laptop has been blocked by Bitlocker and asking me for the recovery key, however I can't find it anywhere. I went to my school account in azure as the instructions on the blocked screen...
  4. Is there a way to get my recovery key for Bitlocker, not in university or personal account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker recovery key via email

Bitlocker recovery key via email: I'm currently locked out of windows because bitlocker requires a recovery key. I have logged into my windows account and gave the proper information to receive a key via my Gmail account but nothing has been emailed. I have repeated the process numerous times without success....
  6. Bitlocker recovery key via email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key via email: I'm currently locked out of windows because bitlocker requires a recovery key. I have logged into my windows account and gave the proper information to receive a key via my Gmail account but nothing has been emailed. I have repeated the process numerous times without success....
  7. have you universal bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have you universal bitlocker key: We don't get bitlocker recovery key from my ad server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-you-universal-bitlocker-key/8ad827d2-3369-47fe-9802-1af3cc3a4a46
  8. have you universal bitlocker key

have you universal bitlocker key: We don't get bitlocker recovery key from my ad server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-you-universal-bitlocker-key/8ad827d2-3369-47fe-9802-1af3cc3a4a46
  9. have you universal bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Can’t find BitLocker Recovery Key in my email

Can’t find BitLocker Recovery Key in my email: I got BitLocker activated on my computer while switching between windows 11 and UbuntuI found the recovery key in my school account and unlocked my computer the first timeBut later BitLocker got activated again with the same recovery key idYet I could not find the recovery...