Windows 10: Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

Discus and support Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by FahrezaDhia, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?

:)

FahrezaDhia, Nov 26, 2021

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 26, 2021
  3. bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Nov 26, 2021
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

1. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Recovery Key

2. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong bitlocker key: The bitlocker screen on my laptop popped up and as usual I searched for the key in my microsoft account, but none of them align with the little hint for the key, the keys showing are from the OSV and FDV unity...
  3. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong bitlocker key: The bitlocker screen on my laptop popped up and as usual I searched for the key in my microsoft account, but none of them align with the little hint for the key, the keys showing are from the OSV and FDV unity...
  4. Wrong bitlocker key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Wrong Account: i have a laptop that uses 2 different account, one is work/school account and the other is my personal account. the problem is, my bitlocker is in the work account but i want the key to be in my personal account. any help to transfer this ?...
  6. Wrong Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account

Wrong Bitlocker recovery key in my Microsoft account: Bitlocker encryption has been activated in my DELL laptop. When I access my Microsoft account, I can see the correct device name and, when I click in, I can see the Bitlocker recovery key that is supposedly associated to this device. However, next to the recovery key there is...
  7. Wrong BitLocker Keys

Wrong BitLocker Keys: Hi All,I have a Dell XPS13 almost 4 years old, it required the update this afternoon with BIOS updated. But then, it ask for BitLocker Recover Key 48 digits which I have found and input in. Unfortunately, it keeps saying that “incorrect key”. Please advise if any chance that...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key not in my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bitlocker recovery key not in my account: MS service provider set up windows pro and now i do not have the bitlocker key and am locked out of my computer drives. No help from MS either bc it is impossible to find anyone to help -- online, in person, etc. Insane....
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device

Bitlocker Recovery Key for Wrong Device: Hi, I recently got my computer repaired and when I got it back it's been asking for my bitlocker recovery key. I went to support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4530477/windows-10-finding-your-bitlocker-recovery-key and followed the instructions, but the only recovery key...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2