Windows 10: Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

Discus and support Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to restart my laptop yesterday ......Dell 15 inch ..........purchased 27 October 2017. I received a message that I needed to enter some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RaymondWindoz10, May 21, 2018.

1. Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

I tried to restart my laptop yesterday ......Dell 15 inch ..........purchased 27 October 2017.

I received a message that I needed to enter some BITLOCK recovery keys.

After about a half hour of searching on the web I found the recovery keys for my laptop.

I entered the keys, restarted the computer and life was good.

But now, every time I restart the computer I have to reenter the keys....there are 8 sets of 6 keys, quite annoying.

I can't restart the computer without having to reenter the keys.....3X so far.

Then,,,,,,,,,the last time I restarted it I received another message that the power cord was not recognized by the computer. But I entered restart anyhow and then I got the keys .

I updated the MSFT update last week or whenever the new update was released but I did not have any problems with it last week etc.......

I did a search and did not see anything on this forum about BITLOCK.

Is this a new issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks, from Dallas

:)

RaymondWindoz10, May 21, 2018

2. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, May 21, 2018
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    BitLocker Recovery Key Entered Correctly but it Just Keeps Immediately Asking Me for it Again and Again

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I appreciate your time and concern.

I would suggest you to use steps provided in the following articles and check.

Refer:

Find my BitLocker recovery key

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/bitlocker-recovery-keys-faq

(Also holds good for Windows 10)

Please keep us updated.

Thank you

Ratandeep, May 21, 2018
Thema:

Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing

1. Bitlocker Recovery Keys keeps appearing - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Recovery Keys

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key does not appear in the console

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key does not appear in the console: Hello, I have a problem with a computer with Windows 10 Home, it suffered physical damage but the disk had Bitlocker activated and when trying to recover the information it asks me for the recovery key, enter the account https://account.microsoft.com/devices /recoverykey to...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key does not appear in the console

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key does not appear in the console: Hello, I have a problem with a computer with Windows 10 Home, it suffered physical damage but the disk had Bitlocker activated and when trying to recover the information it asks me for the recovery key, enter the account https://account.microsoft.com/devices /recoverykey to...
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Key does not appear in the console

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: We have turned our laptop on today and it is asking for the Bitlocker recovery key, we do not have this recovery key and we have checked our Microsoft account, after checking on the internet it seems there is no way to get past this screen without the relevant key, as this is...
  6. bitlocker recovery key

bitlocker recovery key: I am using lenovo G-50-80 with windows 10 . Recently i am unable to unlock one of my drive protected with Bitlocker. The problem is the recovery key is saved in that lock drive by mistake. I tried each and everything to find out . Kindly please help me out to unlock my drive...
  7. bitlocker recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker recovery key: I am using lenovo G-50-80 with windows 10 . Recently i am unable to unlock one of my drive protected with Bitlocker. The problem is the recovery key is saved in that lock drive by mistake. I tried each and everything to find out . Kindly please help me out to unlock my drive...
  8. BitLocker recovery key

BitLocker recovery key: I was trying to switch back to windows 10 from 11 and now it is prompting me for a bitlocker recovery key, does anyone know how to get this? When I go to my microsoft account and search devices it tells me I am at the wrong URL?...
  9. Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key: Kindly help me in getting my bitlocker recovery key as i forgot the password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/a2c562b4-ba74-4d9b-8caa-bd6043d07cd7
  10. Bitlocker key or recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bitlocker keeps appearing

2. bitlocker recovery keeps appearing

3. how to stop bitlocker recovery from appearing when opening laptop