Windows 10: BitLocker recovery number

Discus and support BitLocker recovery number in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need a BitLocker recovery number and Microsoft listed three for me but my number is older. I need the Bitlocker recovery number for Desktop-G56NOSG... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bingwriter, Oct 23, 2019.

1. BitLocker recovery number

I need a BitLocker recovery number and Microsoft listed three for me but my number is older.

I need the Bitlocker recovery number for Desktop-G56NOSG dated 6/24/2017.

Other information; Key ID = FDD6ADB1

Link id number is 857635

This is for a Lenovo MIIX 320-101CR and nothing works without the BitLocker recovery number.

I can not access by other login and even the F8 key is not working since it can't find the keyboard.

Thanks,

Bingwriter

:)

bingwriter, Oct 23, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 23, 2019
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Oct 23, 2019
  4. BitLocker recovery number

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Shafeeq,

Please find my answers to your questions below:

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key? - Yes, I am unable to even start my laptop unless I enter the recovery key.
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer? Nope
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key? Yes. I have a microsoft account and am able to login usually. But i am unable to login when I try to find the bitlocker recovery key.
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional? Windows 10 Home

When I on my laptop, there is a blue screen that asks me for bitlocker recovery key. I have tried asking my laptop company (Lenovo) and my institution both but no one has any answer to this. I have my bitlocker recovery ID number if that can help me find
    the recovery key.

Waiting eagerly for a response.

Thanks, and regards,

Shweta

Singh Shweta Rajkumar, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker recovery number

1. BitLocker recovery number - Similar Threads - BitLocker recovery number

2. Bitlocker recovery Number

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery Number: I can’t wait 30 days cause I change my phone number and I forget to change the number in this app, and I want the bitlocker recovery from my account and you send me a code on my phone number, I don’t 0765112023 any more...
  3. Bitlocker recovery Number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery Number: I can’t wait 30 days cause I change my phone number and I forget to change the number in this app, and I want the bitlocker recovery from my account and you send me a code on my phone number, I don’t 0765112023 any more...
  4. Bitlocker recovery Number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker recovery

Bitlocker recovery: I got my Lenovo Thinkpad repaired and when Lenovo sent it back it had this Bitlocker encryption on it which was not there before, so I'm completely locked out of my computer. There's no recovery key associated with any microsoft account I use. Lenovo Technical Support were...
  6. Bitlocker recovery number for Lenovo

Bitlocker recovery number for Lenovo: Help! I need a BitLocker Recovery number (what ever that is) for my Lenovo MIIX 320-101CR and the information is Desktop-G56NOSG and that is dated 6/24/2017 and the Key ID, if needed, is FDD6ADB1 or FDD6ADBI and the Link number is 857635. Please send this information to my...
  7. BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my...

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my...: Hi, as I can see my BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how could I make use of this ID to get my BitLocker recovery key (48-numeric digits) as I have not do backup earlier on my MS Account. Any advice if I could recover my key (48-numeric...
  8. BitLocker Recovery Key can only enter numbers ,not letters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker Recovery Key can only enter numbers ,not letters: How do I enter the recovery key when the keypad I get is only numbers and the recovery password has both numbers and letters? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-can-only-enter-numbers-not/8ac1d7c4-824a-496b-9ddc-492fc6413f74
  9. Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only

Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only: Hi, Dell XPS, Pro Windows. Installed resent windows update and after re-start received Bitlocer recovery screen asking to enter Bitlocker Recovery key. Can't type the letters of the bitlocker recovery key, only numbers. Any known solution? Thanks in advance. VB...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only

Bitlocker recovery key. can't type letters, numbers only: Hi, Dell XPS, Pro Windows. Installed resent windows update and after re-start received Bitlocer recovery screen asking to enter Bitlocker Recovery key. Can't type the letters of the bitlocker recovery key, only numbers. Any known solution? Thanks in advance. VB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Wont let me type the bitlock code in

2. windows 10 where is the bitlocker id key number