Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; SO I Had a big 3 TB disk, I used one partition with bitlocker GPT, another that's 200 GB with Linux ubuntu on it and one with 9 GB for linux system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Erik, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Erik Win User

Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk

SO I Had a big 3 TB disk, I used one partition with bitlocker GPT, another that's 200 GB with Linux ubuntu on it and one with 9 GB for linux system required partition. I wanted to remove the linux. I used AOMEI assistant to delete linux partitions, but I did it without deleting contents of partition option probably the problem, then the windows disk partitioner showed 200 GB of unallocated space, I then extended the bitlocker partition to the unallocated space using windows partitioner, then everything broke and stopped working, the bitlocker recovery key, password, nothing unlocks the disk.

My guess is that the windows partitioner didn't clear data that was in unallocated space, so it added alot of random data to bitlocker partiton, the random data doesn't have metadata, so it doesn't unlock right? That's my theory. How do I recover my data, it's still there, how do I get to it.

:)

Erik, Jan 6, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jan 6, 2020
  3. trickson Win User
    Will deleting the factory partition render the recovery disk useless?

More than likely it is of no use NOW . The recovery disk is nothing more than drivers and some BS . You will not get the OS and recovering from a recovery disk only works if the drive partition is fine and has been untouched by any one .
    The best thing to do is delete all the partitions and just install windows on the HDD make your own recovery disk and your done not to mention you get all that drive space back .

trickson, Jan 6, 2020
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk :)

RyoTakagi, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker recovery of a partition broken disk - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery partition

2. Bitlocker recovery key page is broken!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key page is broken!: I need to access to my bitlocker recovery key to unlock my laptop again, but when I login to my Microsoft account, and go to aka.ms/mrecoverykey, or any of the other proposed alternative links, it always says “A problem occured. Please wait a moment and then try again.” I...
  3. Bitlocker recovery key page is broken!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker recovery key page is broken!: I need to access to my bitlocker recovery key to unlock my laptop again, but when I login to my Microsoft account, and go to aka.ms/mrecoverykey, or any of the other proposed alternative links, it always says “A problem occured. Please wait a moment and then try again.” I...
  4. Recovery Disk partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  5. Recovery Disk partitions

Recovery Disk partitions: HiI have, in order, Partition 1 400 Mb - recovery partitionPartition 2 100 Mb - efi parttionWindows C: 182.35 Gb - Basic data partitionPartition 5 1.01 Gb - recovery partitionData D: 292.97 GbI have established that Partition 5 is the active recovery partition.Currently even...
  6. BitLocker recovery key page broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key page broken?: I'm trying to get at a BitLocker recovery key, saved to my Microsoft account.When I follow the link to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey from...
  7. BitLocker recovery key page broken?

BitLocker recovery key page broken?: I'm trying to get at a BitLocker recovery key, saved to my Microsoft account.When I follow the link to https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey from...
  8. BitLocker Recovery - No Key & No Recovery Disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker Recovery - No Key & No Recovery Disk: BitLocker Recovery - No Key & No Recovery DiskWhat are the options of getting back into my desktop with 568 GB of data on it and 7 third party Apps in the best way to save its content. Essentially the OS needs re-install and the ability to access the data and or see the...
  9. Unformatted disk-Partition recovery

in Windows 10 Support
    Unformatted disk-Partition recovery: So I screwed up. One of my drives that has all my music in it is showing as unformatted and I cannot access it now. There’s a lot of software out there but does anyone know of a program that will recover the partition back to the way it was? I have 300 GB of music in...
  10. Bitlocker recovery key - link broken

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key - link broken: My dell xps with Windows 10 is requesting a bitlocker recovery key. I don't have a print out or copy on a USB. When I sign in on my phone to my windows account and follow through to the bitlocker key section, the page cannot be found. The link is broken. Super...