Windows 10: Bitlocker Recovery Password

Discus and support Bitlocker Recovery Password in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My niece is using Dell XPS 15 9570. She bought this laptop at UK in 2018. This laptop is running Windows 10. Recently, the laptop has prompt out a page... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hai AunYap, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Bitlocker Recovery Password

My niece is using Dell XPS 15 9570. She bought this laptop at UK in 2018. This laptop is running Windows 10.
    Recently, the laptop has prompt out a page asking for Bitlocker Recovery Password.
    She didn't know what is the Bitlocker Recovery Password.

So, she contacted the Authorized Distributor XXX Shop/Company in UK where she bought this laptop for advice.

The technical support from this XXX had replied by providing a link to Microsoft which is:

https://support.microsoft.com/
    The link doesn't help in solving the problem.

Because she couldn't find the Bitlocker recovery password in his Microsoft user account.

In fact, she didn't know what is Bitlocker password and Bitlocker recovery password until recently the system prompt her to enter the bitlocker recovery password.

The worst case is all the two months the University project date that she had prepared are stored inside this laptop.

I did contact the Dell Technical Support in Singapore asking for advice.

They advised me to contact Dell in UK for support.

Now, my niece may end-up in formatting the whole unit laptop.

Appreciate if anyone can help in solving this issue.

:)

Hai AunYap, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Dukewayne Win User

bitlocker password?

I have the Recovery Key but that is not the problem. I have no bitlocker password - not lost or forgotten; it was never created. Sounds like you're suggesting I turn off bitlocker and just turn on again.

Dukewayne, Oct 30, 2020
  3. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Oct 30, 2020
  4. Bitlocker Recovery Password

Bitlocked drive disconecting after entering the corect password.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your concern, let us try few troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue and check if that helps. I suggest you to reset the password using the login screen and check if that helps. Refer the section under
    Resetting recovery password from the following article on
    BitLocker recovery guide
    for steps to reset recovery password.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to post your query in the

TechNet forums
    , where you will find support from professional who are dedicated to handle issue related to Bit locker.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker Recovery Password

1. Bitlocker Recovery Password - Similar Threads - Bitlocker Recovery Password

2. Bitlock recovery to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlock recovery to reset password: When I first got a PC, with Windows 11 Home, it told me I needed to reset my password roughly every 14 days. Earlier this morning, it wouldn't let me enter my PC for school without creating a new password. I came up with one that I assumed was easy to remember. A few words,...
  3. Bitlock recovery to reset password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlock recovery to reset password: When I first got a PC, with Windows 11 Home, it told me I needed to reset my password roughly every 14 days. Earlier this morning, it wouldn't let me enter my PC for school without creating a new password. I came up with one that I assumed was easy to remember. A few words,...
  4. bitlock recovery password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlock recovery password: i turned on my laptop today to be greeted with a blue screen asking for my bitlocker recovery passwordi dont remember ever setting a password or activating this feature at all why would this all of a sudden just appear?...
  5. bitlock recovery password

bitlock recovery password: i turned on my laptop today to be greeted with a blue screen asking for my bitlocker recovery passwordi dont remember ever setting a password or activating this feature at all why would this all of a sudden just appear?...
  6. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  7. Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker Password and Recovery Key missing: Hello,I set up bitlocker a long time a go on a secondary laptop and subsequently lost the password. I apparently did not set up a recovery key to my microsoft account. I cannot figure out how to access the computer now given I cannot get past bitlocker. I am trying to restore...
  8. Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key

Forgot BitLocker password and the recovery key: I've two of my drives BitLocker protected none of which are system drives though. Unfortunately, I've forgotten the BitLocker password and can't recall the recovery file location. Is there any way to unlock the protected drives? I can only use a system drive as storage and...
  9. BitLocker Password or Recovery Key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Password or Recovery Key: Dear All, FYI, one of our staff was accidently turn on the BitLocker Drive Encryption for Windows 10 Pro in his HP laptop for a quite some time. Last few, days the laptop's motherboard was faulty and we manage to get HP to replace the new motherboard. However, after replace...
  10. Bitlocker key and password recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker key and password recovery: Hi, i have a drive that is locked but i do not have the 48 key password. i only have the 32 key identification key. how do i unlock my drive with this?...