Windows 10: BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2

Discus and support BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I disabled secure boot and was prompted for BitLocker recovery. The prompt provides key ID, drive label and a link.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielPye, Mar 20, 2019.

1. DanielPye Win User

BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2

I disabled secure boot and was prompted for BitLocker recovery. The prompt provides key ID, drive label and a link. (windows.microsoft.com/recoverykey). Unfortunately, I did not back up the BitLocker key before I changed secure boot.

The only useful option at the link is to my Microsoft account, but I have the common problem of the account not letting me in (won't send me a new code, doesn't accept old one). Is there any other way around this typical Windows nonsense? I've even tried resetting the PC as it's new and I don't care, but it doesn't do anything when I go through the reset process.

Any help is most welcome.

:)

DanielPye, Mar 20, 2019

2. Win 10 Recovery Drive Creation Problem on Surface Book 2

You can download a recovery image for your Surface Book 2 and use that create a recovery drive:

How to download Surface Book 2 recovery image

Head over to the Microsoft’s Surface support page (https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support...) and sign-in with your
    Microsoft Account.

Register your Surface Book 2 if you haven’t done it already. If it’s already registered your Surface Book 2 will appear in the list. Simply select the device and click Continue.

The link to download the recovery image for your Surface Book 2 will appear, click the Download recovery image link.

How to create recovery drive for Surface Book 2

The process involves connecting a USB flash drive, formatting it using FAT32, and copy all the unzip files into the drive.

Connect your USB drive to your Surface. (The USB drive should be at least 16GB.)

Open Start.

Search for recovery, and then select Create a recovery drive.

Back up system files to the recovery drive isn’t selected, and then select Next.

Select your USB drive, and then select Next.

Click Create.

Click Finish.

Go back to the recovery image .zip file that you downloaded and open it.

Drag the files from the recovery image folder to the USB recovery drive you created. Then choose to replace the files in the destination.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Shawn Win User
    Missing Recovery Partition on Surface Book?

I received a new Surface Book after returning a broken one. But I created an image of the original drive. I installed this new image on the new Surface and it works fine but I noticed that a drive partition is missing in Explorer but it shows up in the Disk Management.

1. Why the discrepancy?
    2. Is the recovery partition what the refresh and restart options uses?
    3. How do I know if the recovery partition is functional?

thanks!

BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2 [​IMG]

BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2 [​IMG]

Shawn, Mar 20, 2019
  4. BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2

Installing windows insider on a new surface book 2

I just got a new surface book 2. I want to install windows insider on another partition on the hard drive. I can dual boot on my other machines but it looks like there is something different with installing on the surface book 2 and I don't want to
    hose by Win10 regular installion by installing Insider over it. Any suggestions? I posted this a while back on what I thought was the insider hub but can't get back to it.

brianonkauai, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2

1. BitLocker Recovery Win10 Surface Book 2 - Similar Threads - BitLocker Recovery Win10

2. Surface book bitlock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Surface book bitlock: Get rid of bitlock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-book-bitlock/07b906b4-91cb-4907-b351-c2c1ed5ac136
  3. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  4. surface book 2, sono bloccato con bitlocker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    surface book 2, sono bloccato con bitlocker: buongiorno, purtroppo a seguito di alcune manipolazioni errate il mio surface book 2 é fermo all'avvio con bitlocker, ho recuperato alcune chiavi, ma non hanno nulla a che vedere. cosa posso fare senza perdere i dati. il problema é che ho modificato il configsys, disattivando...
  5. Surface Book 2 Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Surface Book 2 Login: My buddy purchased his MS Surface Book2 a couple years ago. He always used facial recognition to log in. About a week ago, the facial recognition ceased to exist. He doesn't remember his Pin or Password. The hyperlink that says 'Forgot Pin' doesnt send me to another page...
  6. Computer (Surface Book 2) requiring a BitLocker recovery key everytime at startup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer (Surface Book 2) requiring a BitLocker recovery key everytime at startup?: Hello. As of yesterday, everytime I startup my computer (a Surface Book 2), including just waking it from sleep, it requires a BitLocker recovery key. I did not know what BitLocker was until yesterday, although luckily I was able to retrieve my computer's key using another...
  7. Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: I am trying to run Flash files on my Surface Book 2 and have had no success. I have downloaded adobe flash. Is there something I need to do? Does Flash work on the Surface Book 2?...
  8. instagram on surface book 2

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    instagram on surface book 2: While attempting to install Instagram on a new surface book 2 device, an error read that requirements were needed. Directx and more than 2 GB of ram were indicated as the need but the machine has 8GB and is on Directx v12. Do you have any advice on what we should do next?...
  9. Surface Book 2 overheating

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Book 2 overheating: Okay so I know the Surface Books have an issue with overheating. I absolutely LOVE my computer but obviously the overheating is an issue. Other posts talk about how its their screen that has the issue. I've even seen where the battery in the screen swoll up. My keyboard is...
  10. BitLocker Issue after Updates Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Issue after Updates Surface Book 2: A few months back I purchased the new Surface Book 2 for a bit over 3,000 EUR. I had high hopes that as Microsoft knows this hardware inside out (just like Apple does with their MacBooks) I would not anymore have to go through the usual driver issues and what not but instead...