Windows 10: BitLocker Recovery without Key

Discus and support BitLocker Recovery without Key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Kristen Haskett, Apr 11, 2023.

1. BitLocker Recovery without Key

Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key.

:)

Kristen Haskett, Apr 11, 2023

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Apr 11, 2023
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Apr 11, 2023
  4. BitLocker Recovery without Key

Bitlocker Recovery Key

No, no other accounts.

What puzzles me is why the Bitlocker recovery key is not listed on the microsoft account, but there is a recovery key listed there for a computer I do not recognise.

I have several laptops but only the HP Envy has had Bitlocker on it. So what key is this on my account? And why isn't the Envy key there?

Jeremy Taylor1, Apr 11, 2023
Thema:

BitLocker Recovery without Key

1. BitLocker Recovery without Key - Similar Threads - BitLocker Recovery without

2. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  3. BitLocker Recovery without Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker Recovery without Key: Need to reinstall Windows 10. Getting a BitLocker recovery key error - I don't have the key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-without-key/25e6b04d-6be4-4cd9-af22-21047a4743b2
  4. Reset CPU without Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset CPU without Bitlocker recovery key: I have a Microsoft Laptop that will not reboot. I have tried every startup repair option. I have tried every reset option closed and local reinstall. I have tried system image recovery. I have proof of purchase, It shows it as a device in my Microsoft store, and yet it is not...
  5. Reset CPU without Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset CPU without Bitlocker recovery key: I have a Microsoft Laptop that will not reboot. I have tried every startup repair option. I have tried every reset option closed and local reinstall. I have tried system image recovery. I have proof of purchase, It shows it as a device in my Microsoft store, and yet it is not...
  6. Fix boot problem without Bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix boot problem without Bitlocker recovery key?: I have a PC that I've been asked to fix. It's blue screening on startup with stop code 0xc00021a. The user tried restoring to two restore points and said "it didn't work" - no details. Then they said they were prompted on boot for a Bitlocker recovery password, which seems to...
  7. Bitlocker has Encrypted disks without a recovery key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker has Encrypted disks without a recovery key: Hi, I have an issue where a number of devices on the network have encrypted without a recovery key which I didn't think was possible, most of the devices have correctly stored the key in AD and Azure. A GPO exists to force a 48 digit recovery key and store in AD. so a...
  8. Possible to Bitlocker a drive without a recovery key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to Bitlocker a drive without a recovery key?: Is it possible to bitlocker-encrypt a drive and not have a recovery key? Or perhaps make it longer then 48digits? submitted by /u/user_982396 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ehqgup/possible_to_bitlocker_a_drive_without_a_recovery/
  9. Bitlocker key or recovery key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker key or recovery key: Help, i turned off my Dell computer a few hours later after a update i tried to reboot my compter but its asking for a bitlocker key or recovery key. I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dell support than microsoft support to no avail. They are both blaming the other while im...
  10. [BitLocker] Encrypting without generating recovery key?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [BitLocker] Encrypting without generating recovery key?: Hi, is there a way to encrypt a BitLocker drive without generating a recovery key? Other encryption tools such as DiskCryptor/VeraCrypt/TrueCrypt or those found on Linux can simply be used with one PIN, no recovery key required. BitLocker also allows to encrypt using...