Windows 10: Bitlocker recovery

Discus and support Bitlocker recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I wonder if anyone can advise how to escape from the recurring bit locker recovery key prompt? Bitlocker was activated by an unknown reason and even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MoLivSmit100, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Bitlocker recovery

I wonder if anyone can advise how to escape from the recurring bit locker recovery key prompt? Bitlocker was activated by an unknown reason and even though I have the 48 digit key saved, this was unsuccessful. Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so, is there a way to get out of this continual loop? Any advice greatly appreciated!

:)

MoLivSmit100, Nov 22, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 22, 2019
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker recovery

Xylee Del, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker recovery

1. Bitlocker recovery - Similar Threads - Bitlocker recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery: Hello i have a windows ideapad i purchased and my bitlocker recovery is locked. I no longer have access to old Windows account to get the Recovery code. Is there anyway you can help?...
  3. bitlocker recovery key

bitlocker recovery key: I have a dell xps 9360. turned on one day and it was asking for bitlocker recovery key. I never had the bitlocker recovery key to start with, so what do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/ffd05d9d-354c-4af5-b946-108212f0432f
  4. Installing windows fresh to get rid of BitLocker recovery key request

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows fresh to get rid of BitLocker recovery key request: My friend's laptop randomly activated BitLocker and the key that he has on his Microsoft account does not work for it. Would I be able to just do a fresh windows install and reformat the drive to fix this? He doesn't have any important files on there so he doesn't care about...
  5. BitLocker locked my drive by itself after failed automatic repair and recovery key is missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BitLocker locked my drive by itself after failed automatic repair and recovery key is missing: Hi all, I have a Dell XPS 13 9360 running Windows 10.1 Home. Here's what happened: I was using Spotify one day and my computer started hanging. So I restarted the computer via the Start menu. The computer went into automatic repair and then automatic repair failed. I...
  6. Bitlocker recovery key

Bitlocker recovery key: My laptop is suddenly asking for this and I have never set bitlocker up. Where do I get a recovery key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key/ca0491c8-4fe3-4b4e-9a05-8a39e434fded
  7. Need Bitlocker recovery key

Need Bitlocker recovery key: Need Bitlocker recovery key for my HP Elite 840g4 laptop. How do I get it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-bitlocker-recovery-key/90de3f78-a1ad-459e-b3f2-21d26190e65b
  8. bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bitlocker recovery key: Hi, my Win10 crashed after update recently, unable to get access into windows. A enlisted tech to assist me, best solution is to get encryption key, therefore this a possibility that the key was saved on one drive or azure, how ever I have never used azure, only onedrive....
  9. Bitlocker Recovery Key

Bitlocker Recovery Key: Is there still any solution to have my data back or open the hard drive if recovery key of my bitlocker on hard disk drive lost? P.s bitlocker is on partition hard drive...
  10. Can’t get pass BitLocker recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can’t get pass BitLocker recovery: I tried to find a key but it says i don’t have one but i need one so i can use my computer, i don’t even know what i have to do to get in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-pass-bitlocker-recovery/4e3071a3-d899-4062-a6e9-907c2f715eb5"