Windows 10: BitLocker Recovery

Discus and support BitLocker Recovery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I opened my computer this morning it showed a screen that said "BitLocker Recovery" and required a Recovery Key. I have never heard of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SallyMorello, Jul 12, 2020.

1. BitLocker Recovery

When I opened my computer this morning it showed a screen that said "BitLocker Recovery" and required a Recovery Key. I have never heard of this before. When I went to another computer and went to my account I checked this computer and it says that BitLocker is turned "off". I have no idea what this is and why it won't let me into my computer. Can anyone tell me where to find this Recovery Key on my account or how to get rid of this BitLocker -- whatever it is? Thanks for any help you can provide!

:)

SallyMorello, Jul 12, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 12, 2020
  3. recovery bitlocker blue screen

Hi Rick,

Please follow the suggestions below and check if you are able to boot to your desktop.

• Places to look for your BitLocker key:
      • On a printout you saved. Look in places you keep important papers.
      • Saved on a USB flash drive. Plug the USB flash drive into your locked PC and follow the instructions. If you saved the key as a text file on the flash drive, use a different computer to read the text file.
      • In your Microsoft account. To get your recovery key, go to
        BitLocker Recovery Keys.

• Or ask someone for help:
      • Ask someone with administrator privileges on the same PC to unlock it with their key.
      • If your PC is connected to a domain (usually a work or school computer), ask a system administrator for your recovery key

Hope this helps in resolving the bitlocker recovery keys. Keep us posted on the bitlocker recovery key issues. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

BitLocker Recovery

Xylee Del, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

BitLocker Recovery

1. BitLocker Recovery - Similar Threads - BitLocker Recovery

2. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  3. Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed my CPU and the Bitlocker recovery key is not working...: i just changed my CPU and my bitlocker recovery key is not working. Impossible to get someone from MS support... what could be next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changed-my-cpu-and-the-bitlocker-recovery-key-is/a8bec5af-7f77-453b-852f-dceac34ecc30
  4. bitlocker key recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker key recovery: hello i can't access to my bitlocker key using the microsoft account. can i have help to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-recovery/b1043c1e-90f8-4f8c-bd5f-574945b6fc41
  5. bitlocker key recovery

bitlocker key recovery: hello i can't access to my bitlocker key using the microsoft account. can i have help to resolve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-key-recovery/b1043c1e-90f8-4f8c-bd5f-574945b6fc41
  6. My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery: My laptop started asking for a Bitlocker recovery key every time I start up the computer. This started after a recent windows update. I was able to find the key but it is just frustrating that I have to enter it every time I use the computer. How do I stop this from...
  7. My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery: My laptop started asking for a Bitlocker recovery key every time I start up the computer. This started after a recent windows update. I was able to find the key but it is just frustrating that I have to enter it every time I use the computer. How do I stop this from...
  8. My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery

9. Bitlocker Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery: I was going to start working and then when I started the laptop, I saw it asks me for bitlocker recovery code but i didn't even set a bitlocker. then I saw that my secure boot was off and some people say that's why so i enabled it but nothing changed. I don't even have the...
  10. Bitlocker Recovery

Bitlocker Recovery: I was going to start working and then when I started the laptop, I saw it asks me for bitlocker recovery code but i didn't even set a bitlocker. then I saw that my secure boot was off and some people say that's why so i enabled it but nothing changed. I don't even have the...