Windows 10: Bitlocker related problem.

Discus and support Bitlocker related problem. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded win10 from win7. And I enabled bitlocker for 2 drives. But, I degraded again to win7. Will bitlocker encrypted drive in windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JJP.1, Apr 8, 2020.

1. JJP.1 Win User

Bitlocker related problem.

I upgraded win10 from win7.

And I enabled bitlocker for 2 drives.

But, I degraded again to win7.

Will bitlocker encrypted drive in windows 10 works and open on win7???????

Can I able to access that bitlocker encrypted drive in win7???????

:)

JJP.1, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Query related to using BitLocker and TPM on PC

Hi Robin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your interest towards BitLocker and TPM on Windows 10.

We do have a dedicated forum where you should be able to find answers to all your queries related to BitLocker and TPM. Let me help you in pointing towards the right direction, I
    would suggest you to post your query on
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals with expertise on BitLocker and TPM to assist you with your query.

Articles for reference:

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Bitlocker related problem. - Similar Threads - Bitlocker related problem

2. Bluetooth related problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth related problem: i have windows 8.1 version in my laptop, and i want to use bluetooth but whenever i try to search bluetooth in search bar, no results found... can u fix this problem ???...
  3. Bluetooth related problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth related problem: i have windows 8.1 version in my laptop, and i want to use bluetooth but whenever i try to search bluetooth in search bar, no results found... can u fix this problem ???...
  4. bitlocker problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bitlocker problem: hello sir ,recently I have change the windows after installation of new windows the password and recovery key are not unlocking the disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-problem/aef75fd1-8bcc-4c8b-8b2d-1e7510705b6e
  5. bitlocker problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    bitlocker problem: hello sir ,recently I have change the windows after installation of new windows the password and recovery key are not unlocking the disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-problem/aef75fd1-8bcc-4c8b-8b2d-1e7510705b6e
  6. A disk related problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A disk related problem: Hello, Since 3 weeks I have been experiencing a weird problem with my computer. It all started when I had to perform a hard shutdown, because my PC lagged. At first, I didn't notice any errors, and for the first two days everything was working...
  7. python related problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    python related problem: hello i had installed both python 2.7 and 3.7 in my system and also added to path on my system but wheen i type python on cmd or vs code i directed to microsoft store to install python 3.8 how to avoid this tell me...
  8. problem related to audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem related to audio: actually once I connected my earphones to my device which is having a Realtek software in it then a dailouge box araised then I simply selected don't ask again and closed that box. I didn't studied the matter in that box and closed. Now when I connect the earphones no such...
  9. Bitlocker problem

Bitlocker problem: I have started experimenting with Bitlocker on my Win 10 Pro system. For testing purposes, I created a small partition on my C drive with its own drive letter, put some garbage data in it, and successfully encrypted it. The problem comes when I try to unlock the drive after a...
  10. Bitlocker Problems

Bitlocker Problems: Since I downloaded some updates every time I start my HP Pavilion Energy Star I have to enter a 48 numeral code to unlock Bitlocker,which is a hell of a nuisance and time consuming.How can I get rid of this ?. 27516