Windows 10: Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition

Discus and support Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Have had my HP Envy for 6 months and the OS is windows 10 Home edition. On Tuesday the screen went blue asking for the 48 digit Bitlocker Key code. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomOlson1, Jun 26, 2020.

1. TomOlson1 Win User

Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition

Have had my HP Envy for 6 months and the OS is windows 10 Home edition. On Tuesday the screen went blue asking for the 48 digit Bitlocker Key code. I never set that up and This edition should not have that installed. I went to the CMD Prompt to view all Key Protectors and it gave me the Recovery Key ID alpha-numeric and TPM ID but no password. There is no stored 48 digit password in my microsoft account but it does show Bitlocker On for C drive. Microsoft told me to call HP. HP said there was some conflict with an upgraded BIOS and to get a 32 G flash drive. I'm not tech savvy. Just want access to my laptop and files. All I have access to is the command prompt line. Ideas?

:)

TomOlson1, Jun 26, 2020
  2. DM-OK Win User

BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how to retrieve my BitLocker recovery key (48-numeric digits)

Hi, as I can see my BitLocker recovery key identification number (32-digit number) but how could I make use of this ID to get my BitLocker recovery key (48-numeric digits) as I have not do backup earlier on my MS Account.

Any advice if I could recover my key (48-numeric digits) from using the BitLocker ID ?

DM-OK, Jun 26, 2020
  3. AsimGabol Win User
    I saved my bitlocker key in protected drive and forget password

I saved my 48 digit bitlocker key in drive which i was encrypting. Now i am helpless to open my drived without a password or bitlocker key.

I have only key ID in the form of

4D94737E-B010-××××-××××-××××××××××××

AsimGabol, Jun 26, 2020
  4. Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition

enter the 48-digit recovery key to unlock this drive key id 9b45326b

Dear sir mam

my laptop is bitlocker probalm

enter the 48-digit recovery key to unlock this drive key id 9b45326b

pls help you

thunku sir

piyushawadhwal, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition

1. Bitlocker request for 48 digit Key Password when I have W10 Home Edition - Similar Threads - Bitlocker request digit

2. Managed to "break" bitlocker, need help with unlocking drive, have 48 digit recovey key -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Managed to "break" bitlocker, need help with unlocking drive, have 48 digit recovey key -...: So I might have found a way to break Bitlocker, to explain how it happened step by step:I have a windows 10 install and the main drive was encrypted with Bitlocker, using pin to unlock every time you power on the computer.I had a ram upgrade, which was causing instability...
  3. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover: I have a dell laptop which came with windows 10 pre-installed.As pc was running slow, i got ssd installed and removed dvd driver.Ssd is now in c drive, which is hosting os. my old harddrive which is still there in the laptop and partition name is changed to d drive.Now my d...
  4. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover: I have a dell laptop which came with windows 10 pre-installed.As pc was running slow, i got ssd installed and removed dvd driver.Ssd is now in c drive, which is hosting os. my old harddrive which is still there in the laptop and partition name is changed to d drive.Now my d...
  5. D drive asking for bitlocker 48 digit key. How to recover

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?: I have many Microsoft accounts, and so I do not remember which account my locked driver D is associated with currently, I'm on an unlocked C driver. If I provide the Bitlocker Key ID for the driver, can you please inform me the Microsoft account email that I can log into to...
  7. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?: I have many Microsoft accounts, and so I do not remember which account my locked driver D is associated with currently, I'm on an unlocked C driver. If I provide the Bitlocker Key ID for the driver, can you please inform me the Microsoft account email that I can log into to...
  8. BitLocker 48-digit Recovery Key- Account?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. bitlocker recovery key 48 digit

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bitlocker recovery key 48 digit: Hello,My company have the bitlocker, and recently I plug in my external hard drive, and it got locked. and I do not know how to get the 48 digit recovery key. I only have identification key that gives me when I try to open external hard drive.Please tell me what can I do,...
  10. Cannot find the bitlocker 48 digits code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot find the bitlocker 48 digits code: Do not have the 48 digits to unblock my computer due to Biltlocker. Do not have the code printed out, cannot get it through my microsoft account. Maybe a third person set it up but dont now who could be, as an auditor I visit many companies and sometimes they configure my...