Windows 10: Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

Discus and support Bitlocker requires key on every reboot in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Today my laptop (surface laptop 2) would not log in using face recognition, I tried using pin and password but I was unable to type anything. I did a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MarieBaker2, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

Today my laptop (surface laptop 2) would not log in using face recognition, I tried using pin and password but I was unable to type anything. I did a restart. Upon restarting bitlocker asked for a key. I didn't know what bitlocker was. I was able to find my key and get into windows. I am now unable to set up the "hello windows" face recognition and any restart asks for the bitlocker key. I have disabled bitlocker and uninstalled my last windows update.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

TIA

:)

MarieBaker2, Mar 22, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 22, 2019
  3. BitLocker key asking on every reboot

Hi Jefferson,

Tnx for the reply. I had tried the same laptop with windows 10 version 1703 and 1709, in which the bitlocker encrypts the HDD perfectly fine with any issue, the problem comes when i reboot. the one with version 1703 reboots without asking for bitlocker
    key and the the one with version 1709 asks top enter the bitlocker key on every reboot.. i tried disabling and enabling the bitlocker by running this command

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -disable C:>

<manage-bde.exe -protectors -enable C:>

I had also ready that in windows 10 version 1709 changes were made in bitlocker features

Do let me know abt any updates or solutions on this.

Regards,

Akram

Akram_Farshid, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

BitLocker key asking on every reboot

HI Akram,

Missing a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) commands can
    affect the way your BitLocker encryption works
    . To further assist you, we suggest the troubleshooting methods in this
    Microsoft TechNet
    thread
    to help you with your issue with BitLocker always asking you for a key after rebooting.

Regards.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker requires key on every reboot

1. Bitlocker requires key on every reboot - Similar Threads - Bitlocker requires key

2. Bitlock key required but can't find

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlock key required but can't find: Bitlock key required to get back into computer and have none. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlock-key-required-but-cant-find/5f5ec30b-05f5-4cca-b720-441697b1ea68
  3. Bitlock key required but can't find

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlock key required but can't find: Bitlock key required to get back into computer and have none. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlock-key-required-but-cant-find/5f5ec30b-05f5-4cca-b720-441697b1ea68
  4. Reboot always requires the recovery key.

Reboot always requires the recovery key.: I have Windows 11 HOME not Pro. Device Encryption is turned on. I do not have access to the "BitLocker driver encryption" which is a separate option in the "device encryption" section under Setting --> Privacy & Security --> Device Encryption.I have a Dell Inspiron 2-in-1...
  5. Bitlocker key recovery help required

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  6. Bitlocker key recovery help required

Bitlocker key recovery help required: HiI have the Bitlocker recovery message on my laptop but I had forgotten my MS account password and no longer had access to the email address associated with it, so I created a new Outlook.com email account and waited 30 days for the transfer. When I logged in via...
  7. BitLocker code required at EVERY restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker code required at EVERY restart: I attempted to replace the malfunctioning keyboard in my Dell Inspiron 5379 this past weekend, and to access the keyboard, one must remove all the guts of the computer. Circuit board, hard drive, battery... everything. I got it all put together and functioning, but now every...
  8. BitLocker code required at EVERY restart

BitLocker code required at EVERY restart: I attempted to replace the malfunctioning keyboard in my Dell Inspiron 5379 this past weekend, and to access the keyboard, one must remove all the guts of the computer. Circuit board, hard drive, battery... everything. I got it all put together and functioning, but now every...
  9. BitLocker recovery key required

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker recovery key required: I bought my son a 2017 Dell Laptop for college. He was just using it and accidentally hit some F button and it is now asking for this key that we have never setup or he does not have an outlook.com account. He has all his data on the hard drive. He needs to get on his...
  10. Every program requires every to re-login upon reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every program requires every to re-login upon reboot: Hi Ever since updating windows, I’m having an issue when I reboot my machine that every program/app requires me to login again (eg: adobe, one drive, security software, Microsoft office and even saved logins on chrome). This never used to be the case pre-update, and I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can we enable bitlocker on every restart