Windows 10: Bitlocker says I need a recovery key. It gives me a web address that doesn't work

Discus and support Bitlocker says I need a recovery key. It gives me a web address that doesn't work in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried starting my notebook and Bitlocker said recovery key needed first. I have always left my USB plugged in and never had a problem. Until now, and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JasonDecker1, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Bitlocker says I need a recovery key. It gives me a web address that doesn't work

I tried starting my notebook and Bitlocker said recovery key needed first. I have always left my USB plugged in and never had a problem. Until now, and the Microsoft site it tells me to go to isn't working. HELP

:)

JasonDecker1, Mar 10, 2019

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 10, 2019
  3. Mr U Win User
    Bitlocker recovery key is not working

I forgot my bitlocker password on a fresh 32 bit flash drive. I saved the file for recovery and when I try to use it, it says the key is not valid for this drive. It's the correct key, the only drive and I've checked it 5 times. What sense does it make to
    make a recovery key if it doesn't work when you need it. I used bitlocker in windows 10 to do this.

Anyone see this before or any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

-

4. Xylee Del Win User

Bitlocker says I need a recovery key. It gives me a web address that doesn't work

Xylee Del, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Bitlocker says I need a recovery key. It gives me a web address that doesn't work

1. Bitlocker says I need a recovery key. It gives me a web address that doesn't work - Similar Threads - Bitlocker says need

2. BitLocker recovery key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BitLocker recovery key doesn't work: Hi:I turned my computer on and he showed me blue BitLocker screen.I entered a recovery key, but it didn't work, after "analyse" he just opened this window again.I restarted my computer and now its showing me "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PCLog file:...
  3. BitLocker recovery key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker recovery key doesn't work: Hi:I turned my computer on and he showed me blue BitLocker screen.I entered a recovery key, but it didn't work, after "analyse" he just opened this window again.I restarted my computer and now its showing me "Startup Repair couldn't repair your PCLog file:...
  4. BitLocker recovery key doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker recovery key doesn't work.

Bitlocker recovery key doesn't work.: Today I get this message from my win11 pc without any history: ,,Enter the recovery key for this drive: BitLocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because your Pc's configuration has changed. This may have happened because a disc or USB device was inserted....
  6. Bitlocker recovery key doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker recovery key doesn't work.: Today I get this message from my win11 pc without any history: ,,Enter the recovery key for this drive: BitLocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because your Pc's configuration has changed. This may have happened because a disc or USB device was inserted....
  7. Why doesn't the recovery key work for BitLocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why doesn't the recovery key work for BitLocker: Why doesn't the recovery key work for BitLocker even when you enter it. Are there specific instructions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-recovery-key-work-for-bitlocker/f983c70c-7d9e-4b6c-9f6f-ac418e223c75
  8. Why doesn't the recovery key work for BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't the recovery key work for BitLocker: Why doesn't the recovery key work for BitLocker even when you enter it. Are there specific instructions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-recovery-key-work-for-bitlocker/f983c70c-7d9e-4b6c-9f6f-ac418e223c75
  9. Why doesn't the recovery key work for BitLocker

10. Bitlocker Recovery Key Doesn't Work

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Doesn't Work: My Recovery Key doesn't work. How do I get another one, please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-doesnt-work/253105c0-718e-4d04-a22c-a26561dc44b3"