Windows 10: Bitlocker, security info

Discus and support Bitlocker, security info in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi , my computer show me a blue screen « bitlocker » , so i went on my microsoft account went on my devise and they ask me for a code that i will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by samy nazih, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Bitlocker, security info

Hi , my computer show me a blue screen « bitlocker » , so i went on my microsoft account went on my devise and they ask me for a code that i will receive on my phone , the things is it s my old phone number so i change the security info . And now i have to wait 30 days to get the new security info and get the key for the bit locker . Please i need to access my computer i have all my files on it for work i cant wait 30 days …. Please HELP

:)

samy nazih, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Bitlocker, security info

Bitlocker Questions

Okay... just saw that mistake

- - - Updated - - -

Bitlocker, security info [​IMG]

I followed the step 1 instructions in that link you posted...

So i should now turn on bitlocker to see if it works? Or do I need to do both step 2 and 3 in that link you posted... before I turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks saw that mistake. I post some more pictures. So what do you want me to do now? Do step 2 and 3 in that link you posted? Or try to turn on bitlocker right now after doing the 1st step? Im not sure if in that link, they want you to do all 3 steps or not? Or is it try step 1... if it works, thats it and then turn on bitlocker?

- - - Updated - - -

I am doing step 3.... I did the first part of step 3 and it showed tons of words which meant i entered it correct. But the last step of step 3... i seem to get error? What am i typing wrong here?

Bitlocker, security info [​IMG]

paulyjustin, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Bitlocker, security info

1. Bitlocker, security info - Similar Threads - Bitlocker security info

2. Bitlocker security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker security: Have an SSD on a DELL XPS. When turning on Bitlocker on the SSD I am not given the option of creating a password for drive C:. Only creating a Recovery key. When turning on Bitlocker on an HHD D: I can choose to create a password as well as a recovery key. If "auto unlock" is...
  3. Bitlocker security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker security: Have an SSD on a DELL XPS. When turning on Bitlocker on the SSD I am not given the option of creating a password for drive C:. Only creating a Recovery key. When turning on Bitlocker on an HHD D: I can choose to create a password as well as a recovery key. If "auto unlock" is...
  4. Bitlocker, security info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker, security info: Hi , my computer show me a blue screen « bitlocker » , so i went on my microsoft account went on my devise and they ask me for a code that i will receive on my phone , the things is it s my old phone number so i change the security info . And now i have to wait 30 days to get...
  5. changing security info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    changing security info: Hello thereI found out that my old inactive phone was mentioned in my profile info. I wanted to change it to a new phone number enabling me to receive security code whenever I need to change my MS password. Badly I was in a rush and could not find change phone number so I...
  6. Bitlocker security

Bitlocker security: I am unable to find my bitlocker security key.I have been tying for hours but I am unable to get the code . I am pretty sure that others may be habingo the same issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-security/df70bd8d-dde5-411e-9701-68fa9e662de5
  7. Changing Security Info

Changing Security Info: The code that Microsoft send me is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-security-info/4d900a1d-e475-47c5-bd70-28eb647ff663
  8. Security info was removed

Security info was removed: I have accidentally removed my security info for Microsoft account. I have tried several times to recover it but unsuccessfully. I have been repeating submit the form to recover and repeating the same questions asked but still cannot. Appreciate you can assist. Thank you....
  9. updating security info

updating security info: I want to update security information and I can't get past this screen. The alternative email on file (to get a code) can't be edited, and it's not a working email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** You can't access this site right now This site requires a...
  10. Security and a bitlocker

Security and a bitlocker: Somehow or another I am not the administrator in my own computer I cannot run bit locker and it says I require additional authentication at start up says this device cannot use a trusted platform module your admin must set to allow bit locker without compatible TPM how do I...