Windows 10: Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

Discus and support Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Bitlocker is showing un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management". I had upgraded the Bios on an HP Z4 G4 Machine to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Shawn_needs_help, Nov 8, 2023.

1. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

Bitlocker is showing un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management". I had upgraded the Bios on an HP Z4 G4 Machine to the current version just to make sure everything is current. Why is there a discrepancy in what is showing for disk encryption. The drive is actually un-encrypted but its showing encrypted in Disk Management. This is for a machine in an active directory environment, so we are not clicking on "Turn On Bitlocker" in the "Manage Bitlocker" application, but instead are scripting the bitlock process. Any help would be appreciated why there is a disc

:)

Shawn_needs_help, Nov 8, 2023

2. After BitLocker encryption, 10TB HDD unceassible.

I have a 10TB HDD WD 102KRYZ, that I encrypted with BitLocker. The encryption finished successfully and then after an hour I turned off the computer. When I turned it back, the drive was missing in This PC. I checked and it is not even showing up in BIOS, yet Device Manager, Disk Management and CrystalDiskInfo shows it, but as unceassible. CrystalDiskInfo shows it in grey, not showing any S.M.A.R.T and Disk Management wants to initialize it with a error: " The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

What should I do? The disk was okay before BitLocker encryption. Now it is totally off limits...

S.M.A.R.T. of the drive few hours before the encryption: imgur.com

Specs:

• Motherboard: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI - *tried updating BIOS
    • HDD: WD Gold 10TB WD102KRYZ

lostdaveCI, Nov 8, 2023
  3. Bitlocker Drive Encryption(Not Responding) at 84.5%

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are trying to encrypt the complete hard drive with BitLocker Drive Encryption and now it’s not responding as well.

We would suggest you to refer this
    BitLocker: Use BitLocker Drive Encryption Tools to manage BitLocker
    article and check manage-bde section, if that helps to make the changes.

However, for further queries we would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on BitLocker to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 8, 2023
  4. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

How do I "manage" BitLocker Encrypted?

This is on a new Dell Inspiron computer. The OS(C) partition is BitLocker Encrypted.

Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"... 175116d1517514766t-how-do-i-manage-bitlocker-encrypted-disk-management.png

How do I "manage" BitLocker Encrypted?
    I've looked up Bitlocker Encrypted but I need some simple explanations please.

MeAndMyComputer, Nov 8, 2023
Thema:

Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

1. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"... - Similar Threads - Bitlocker shows encrypted

2. BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW: I have a laptop with a corrupted BIOS so I tried backing up data from its SSD, but it was encrypted with BitLocker. It showed up in Drive Management as an Unallocated drive so I tried creating a Simple Volume to see if it would show up in Explorer or something like that. It...
  3. BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker encrypted drive shows as RAW: I have a laptop with a corrupted BIOS so I tried backing up data from its SSD, but it was encrypted with BitLocker. It showed up in Drive Management as an Unallocated drive so I tried creating a Simple Volume to see if it would show up in Explorer or something like that. It...
  4. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...: Bitlocker is showing un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management". I had upgraded the Bios on an HP Z4 G4 Machine to the current version just to make sure everything is current. Why is there a discrepancy in what is showing for disk encryption....
  5. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...: Bitlocker is showing un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management". I had upgraded the Bios on an HP Z4 G4 Machine to the current version just to make sure everything is current. Why is there a discrepancy in what is showing for disk encryption....
  6. Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker encryption: Hello, ive been locked out of my windows account, since i need my old security old email. Which i no longer have acces to, ive contacted microsoft, and they gave me 2 options. Wait 30 days to update security mail and i dont know if they even will do it or clean install which...
  7. Bitlocker encryption

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker encryption: Hi Everyone,I am trying to change the bitlocker encryption method to AES 256, And i am trying to find the right command that i can execute from command prompt to change this.Could someone suggest on this?RegardsKevin...
  8. BitLocker encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker encryption: I have a secondary user who has access from another to my OneDrive files. I want to keep it that way. What effect does turning on BitLocker encryption have on their ability to access my OneDrive files?...
  9. Bitlocker Encryption

Bitlocker Encryption: I support a remote laptop at a site I have never been to. I have been assured that the laptop is left only in a secured room and used by two trustworthy people. The following problem has happened twice in the last year. I was informed the bitlocker PIN has stopped working...
  10. How do I "manage" BitLocker Encrypted?

How do I "manage" BitLocker Encrypted?: This is on a new Dell Inspiron computer. The OS(C) partition is BitLocker Encrypted. [img] How do I "manage" BitLocker Encrypted? I've looked up Bitlocker Encrypted but I need some simple explanations please. 103548