Windows 10: Bitlocker skipping pass phrase screen on installation

Discus and support Bitlocker skipping pass phrase screen on installation in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This happens to me quite frequently now; I'm doing a bitlocker creation on a Windows 10 computer, I go to control panel, bitlocker, turn on bitlocker.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Akuvar, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Akuvar Win User

Bitlocker skipping pass phrase screen on installation

This happens to me quite frequently now; I'm doing a bitlocker creation on a Windows 10 computer, I go to control panel, bitlocker, turn on bitlocker. The program asks for me to save the recovery file, and then it jumps directly to starting encryption. There is a screen in there that does not come up, the screen that asks if, on startup, you want to use a usb or a pass phrase. If you select pass phrase, it then asks you to enter that phrase before continuing with the encryption. I have done a lot of searches for this problem and I keep getting returns about on startup, the computer doesn't ask for the pass phrase. This is completely different then what I am experiencing. This is a bitlocker installation problem that skips the screen asking you how you want to enter a password on startup. Does anyone have a solution to this?

:)

Akuvar, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Paola Gar Win User

Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 21, 2018
  3. 5530 - How to change WEP pass phrase ?

I happen to key in the wrong WEP pass phrase and now, I cannot change it.

Everytime I try to use that WLAN connection, it will show connected but I cannot surf at all.

I tried but I just cannot find the option to change the WEP pass phrase. How can I change it ?

StephenOng, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Installing Bitlocker to encrypt

Hello,

To install BitLocker, your PC must satisfied system requirements. We'd like to clarify, what edition of Windows 10 do you have? In addition, you must be logged in as an admistrator and have an access to printer to print the recovery key.

If you're using Windows 10 Pro and meet the requirements, follow these steps to enable BitLocker.

• Click Start. Type Control Panel.
    • Click System and Security.
    • Click BitLocker Drive.
    • Hit Turn on BitLocker.

Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Bitlocker skipping pass phrase screen on installation - Similar Threads - Bitlocker skipping pass

2. How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset: I have deleted a device from AAD, and now am unable to do a factory reset because I can't get past the Bitlocker Recover screen. I don't need to be able to access data. I am trying to reset it to factory for someone outside of the company to use. Is there any way to get past...
  3. How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset: I have deleted a device from AAD, and now am unable to do a factory reset because I can't get past the Bitlocker Recover screen. I don't need to be able to access data. I am trying to reset it to factory for someone outside of the company to use. Is there any way to get past...
  4. How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to skip this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to skip this screen?: So my hdd corrupted recently. After several looped attempts of windows trying to fix the drive, I switched to an ssd which my OS runs on now, while running my hdd as a secondary drive. First time booting on the ssd I was able to view the root of the hdd but didn't go into any...
  6. How to skip this screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to skip this screen?: So my hdd corrupted recently. After several looped attempts of windows trying to fix the drive, I switched to an ssd which my OS runs on now, while running my hdd as a secondary drive. First time booting on the ssd I was able to view the root of the hdd but didn't go into any...
  7. Forgotten Pass Phrase

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgotten Pass Phrase: Forgot my pass phrase.. I see a lot of suggestions on the forums but don't see any real answers to the question how do I get in so I can change my pass phrase. I can't get passed that to do any key commands.. Thanks Dennis...
  8. Bitlocker - Skip This Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bitlocker - Skip This Drive: On the bitlocker recovery screen, there is an option to "skip this drive." What exactly does it mean to skip the drive in this setting? Is the drive not encrypted? It seems to have full functionality. submitted by /u/Kalkultabelo [link] [comments]...
  9. Skip Log in Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skip Log in Screen: Okay so basically I want my PC too boot straight to Desktop, but I didnt get that working yet. I tried Unchecking the box "User needs to input password on Login" (or sthlike that) and it woks, I get logged in automatically, but thats only half of what I'm looking for. I...
  10. How To Skip BitLocker Screen Whenever Computer Is Restarted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How To Skip BitLocker Screen Whenever Computer Is Restarted: How can I skip the BitLocker screen ( https://www.windowscentral.com/sites...rd-startup.jpg ) whenever I Restart the computer? Whenever I restart the computer, that implies that I'm still the user at the computer, so I don't have to go through the small annoyance of...