Windows 10: BitLocker | Slow Internet Speed Test | Dell 9365 XPS | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD

Discus and support BitLocker | Slow Internet Speed Test | Dell 9365 XPS | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been fighting my Dell laptop with a slow internet speed test results for weeks now. Dell support was at the point where they requested a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pumpscrap, Nov 13, 2019.

1. pumpscrap Win User

BitLocker | Slow Internet Speed Test | Dell 9365 XPS | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD

I have been fighting my Dell laptop with a slow internet speed test results for weeks now.

Dell support was at the point where they requested a reinstallation of windows. I was not interested in this option as this was a fairly fresh load.

Using my iPhone (cellular disabled) or another laptop (10 Y/O Macbook Pro) over wifi I consistently speed test over 100Mbps, however, the Dell XPS would not get over 40 Mbps and on certain networks would hang around 10 Mbps.

I tested this on several different networks and had similar results, old computers / iPhone over 100 Mbps - dell XPS @ 10-40 Mbps.

I tried to get into safe mode but could not get past bit locker for some reason. I went back into windows and decrypted the SSD (turned off BitLocker) and IMMEDIATELY the speed tests (fast.com) were showing consistent results @ 100 Mpbs +

I am not overly concerned about the contents of the hard drive however would prefer to keep BitLocker running - ANY suggestions on what may be the underlying issue?

Win10 PRO, Dell XPS 9365, 16GB Ram, 1TB 970EVO M.2 NVME Drive | Standard Business software (MS Office, SAP, Chrome).

The performance of the computer using the network (wired or wireless) is significantly better now with BitLocker disabled.

:)

pumpscrap, Nov 13, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Introducing new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSDs

Source: https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-...-970-evo-plus/

See also: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus | Samsung V-NAND Consumer SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website

Brink, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSDs

Source: https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-...-970-evo-plus/

See also: Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus | Samsung V-NAND Consumer SSD | Samsung Semiconductor Global Website

Brink, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

BitLocker | Slow Internet Speed Test | Dell 9365 XPS | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD

Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...70-pro-and-evo

See also:

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P512BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E250BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E500BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E2T0BW | Samsung US

Brink, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

1. BitLocker | Slow Internet Speed Test | Dell 9365 XPS | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD - Similar Threads - BitLocker Slow Internet

2. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS: Hello, I just recently built my computer and it has been working fine for around 3 to 4 months but now my SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 has stoped working and from what I have been told the controller or something along those lines might have busted was defective from...
  3. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS: Hello, I just recently built my computer and it has been working fine for around 3 to 4 months but now my SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 has stoped working and from what I have been told the controller or something along those lines might have busted was defective from...
  4. SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2 not detected by BOIS

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.: I have a HP Pavilion X360 convertible 15"The laptop came with a 1TB 5400 rpm hdd and a 16GB Optane module. I disabled the optane, removed it, and installed the 970 Evo plus. I did a clean install of Win 10 to the ssd.The laptop boots to windows and everything runs well, but I...
  6. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.: I have a HP Pavilion X360 convertible 15"The laptop came with a 1TB 5400 rpm hdd and a 16GB Optane module. I disabled the optane, removed it, and installed the 970 Evo plus. I did a clean install of Win 10 to the ssd.The laptop boots to windows and everything runs well, but I...
  7. SAmsung 970 Evo plus 1TB drivers and software.

8. Samsung 970 Evo plus

Samsung 970 Evo plus: I get a NVMe M.2 970 evo plus but it doesnt recognized by the Laptop dell 17 7778. I update all and nothing happebed. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-970-evo-plus/2c09339e-e232-4f0f-95ce-ba1497444441
  9. Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung M.2 SSD 970 EVO PLUS: I have recently got an new m.2 SSD and wanted to install it to my motherboard. After doing so I encountered and error stating "Boot from proper device". My HDD has my OS on it and changed the order of boot in the bios but still ran into the issue stated. tried many things...
  10. Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?

Firmware update for the Samsung 970 Evo Plus?: Hello, I'd like to update my Evo plus one and I don't know how. I have already downloaded the correct ISO file. I have also put this file on an usb-stick and let it boot, but Windows 10 starts up normally. I have a MSI B-450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC I hope you can help me....