Windows 10: Bitlocker status is incorrect

Discus and support Bitlocker status is incorrect in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been trying to enable bitlocker encryption on my drive, but when I go to do so it tells me I need to unlock the drive first. I have double... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Derecven, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Derecven Win User

Bitlocker status is incorrect

I have been trying to enable bitlocker encryption on my drive, but when I go to do so it tells me I need to unlock the drive first. I have double checked in powershell and the drive status shows that it is not encrypted. I have tried looking up answers online, but just find generic tutorials and instructions on how to turn it on and off.I have put screenshots of the drive status and the error I get when I try to enable encryption from the bitlocker menuIs there a way to make it so bitlocker does not think this decrypted drive is locked down?

:)

Derecven, Sep 27, 2022

2. Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105.

Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out the drive and try it in another machine?

Ak

alkaufmann, Sep 27, 2022
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    BitLocker on Surface Pro 3 not working correctly

Hi JulianSchubert,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community

TPM will lock itself out after a few incorrect authentication attempts. These could be due to incorrect PIN entry for BitLocker or incorrect PIN entry for TPM virtual smartcard PIN. For TPM version 1.2, the lockout behavior depends
    on individual TPM manufacturer. For TPM 2.0, the specification states that the TPM will enter lockout after 32 incorrect attempts.

To terminate this BitLocker recovery loop, you need to suspend BitLocker within WinRE, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Step 1:

1. Choose the “Skip this drive” link at the bottom of the page where you are asked to enter the recovery key. You should be presented with a menu that will let you get to a command prompt (The sequence is Advanced
      options -> Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Command prompt).
    2. Once you have a command prompt,
      use the following command to check the BitLocker status of the C: drive:
      manage-bde -status c:

3. If the status is returned as locked, you’ll need to use the following command to unlock it using your recovery password:
      manage-bde -unlock c: -rp <your 48-digit recovery password>
    4. Once the drive is unlocked you'll need to use the following command to suspend protection:
      manage-bde -protectors -disable c:
    5. Then exit and reboot. The computer should now successfully boot Windows. Once there, use the BitLocker control panel to resume BitLocker protection.
    6. You can reset TPM lockout using
      tpm.msc
    Note: The recovery loop can occur for other reasons such as cases where TPM is disabled or malfunctions. You can still use the above steps to suspend BitLocker and boot Windows in such cases

Hope it helps.

Mithin_EJ, Sep 27, 2022
  4. Bitlocker status is incorrect

BitLocker on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

This could be due to some corruption in the system files, please check the methods below and see if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.
    • Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on
      Start button.
    • Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to
      Automatic.

Method 2: Please try the steps provided in the given article.

Unlock a BitLocker-protected drive

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Perform SFC scan

I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if that helps. The
    sfc/scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. It is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore
    corrupted files.

Refer the link: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted
    system files

Note: Link applies to Windows 10 as well.

More information:
    BitLocker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Sep 27, 2022
Thema:

Bitlocker status is incorrect

1. Bitlocker status is incorrect - Similar Threads - Bitlocker status incorrect

2. The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!: Hi guys,I understand from other threads that there are many of us experienced problem with bitlocker. I have similar and way ridiculous problem. I found bitlocker for my device, but with different update date prompted in the Windows troubleshooting. I tried to use it anyway,...
  3. The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!: Hi guys,I understand from other threads that there are many of us experienced problem with bitlocker. I have similar and way ridiculous problem. I found bitlocker for my device, but with different update date prompted in the Windows troubleshooting. I tried to use it anyway,...
  4. The bitlocker is INCORRECT!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bitlocker status is incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker status is incorrect: I have been trying to enable bitlocker encryption on my drive, but when I go to do so it tells me I need to unlock the drive first. I have double checked in powershell and the drive status shows that it is not encrypted. I have tried looking up answers online, but just find...
  6. Bitlocker status is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker status is incorrect: I have been trying to enable bitlocker encryption on my drive, but when I go to do so it tells me I need to unlock the drive first. I have double checked in powershell and the drive status shows that it is not encrypted. I have tried looking up answers online, but just find...
  7. Incorrect Key for BitLocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect Key for BitLocker: I attempted to install a Lenovo driver for photoshop I can't recall the specific name and it caused BitLocker to activate and lock me out of my system. I was able to find the recovery key, however, every time I enter it, it is telling me that I am using the wrong key or have...
  8. BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF"

BitLocker status "ON" but Account Shows Status "OFF": Hi All, I am making a set of small assumptions around BitLocker here. So feel free to point and laugh if I have got it all wrong. I recently turned BitLocker on for all my drives and selected my Microsoft account as my recovery key location. My BitLocker manager within...
  9. BitLocker Status question?

BitLocker Status question?: Hi guys, I read this great tutorial posted here. https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html When I enabled BitLocker, I selected to encrypt the ENTIRE drive instead of the used disk space only. My question is, what would the MANAGE-BDE -STATUS show under...
  10. Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect

Bitlocker - The parameter is incorrect: I have one data drive that is Bitlocker protected and it has always worked fine. Now it seems to unlock, but when I try to access the drive I get "The parameter is incorrect". The am running Windows 10 Pro 1607 14393.105. Does anyone have any suggestions before I pull out...